Aftermarket Engine Components - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Aftermarket Engine Components

Do you guys think the engine components and aftermarket engine components from the current Elantra Sport will be able to fit without issue on the Elantra GT Turbo?

If it does, we already have quite the amount of parts available (considering how early it is) to be installed and I think tuners are tackling the Elantra Sport at this time as well.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 12:36 PM

Are you talking about the 2016 Elantra Sport? Isn't the GDI 4-cylinder different from what the older gen model is equipped with? That would make the engine mods non transferable.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, I'm talking about the 2017 Elantra Sport. The redesigned one that came out not too long ago. That I presume will have the same engine that the Elantra GT Turbo is going to come with.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 04:44 PM

Maybe the engines will be tuned differently, but if the units are exactly the same then the aftermarket parts should fit. Though I think those reflashes and tunes are more model specific? Catch cans and such should be fine.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

The flashers should be the same as it'll be running the same engine, transmission, and ecu. The only thing I'm thinking about is if exhaust and intakes would have to be re-created for space reasons and what not if the engine bay itself is situated differently.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 01:09 PM

Typically there are subtle changes so don't be surprised when you see that an exhaust system for one model year has parts that work on a new model year. But most people don't find that out, usually shops have that insight. Hyundai wants to make this as simple just as much as aftermarket companies do, they have the same goals... cut cost, make profit.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

A lot of times if you contact the aftermarket manufacturer, they typically tell you if it'll fit or not as they get cars to use for R&D fairly quickly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page