Love the red accents - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Love the red accents

The interior has some red stitching and red accents which really make it look sporty and gives you the real sporty deal. The steering wheel red stripe to indicate wheel position looks amazing and is definitely a race inspired feature. Outer vent surrounds with red pinstriping adds that subtle touch to bring the dash alive.

Seat bolsters don't look too aggressive but look good enough to cup you in there nicely.

I'm pretty happy with it, what do you guys think?

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 08:07 PM

You can never go wrong with red on black, but it would have been nice to see some red stitching along the dashboard too. It looks a little plain to me, in comparison to the rest of the interior.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Or even just carry the red pinstriping from the outer vents to the inner vent setup too. The whole center section looks a tad bare
dhoosee likes this.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:49 PM

Agreed! I like the red stitching, but am NOT crazy about the sea-of-black across the center dash pad, (brushed aluminum accents would be nice in the very center of the dash pad area) and the red vent surrounds look, to me, like an afterthought or an Autozone add-on I hope that Hyundai offers a two-tone interior of some sort with the EGTS. I've seen videos for Australian-market cars that included red seat belts, which would be a welcome dash of color to the cabin.

The dashboard and door-card plastics in the car at the Chicago Auto Show felt hard and cheap. NOT horrible, but they could use a bit of suppleness to make them in-line with the rest of the interior.

Overall, I love the car and cant wait to drive it. I only hope that they decide to do a GTSN for North America, tho I fear that they will do the Elantra Sedan instead....
GTSport likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Red seat belts would be amazing but if we don't get it down here, we could perhaps get the part numbers and order them in to get them? At that point, it may also be worth it to look into aftermarket harnesses but you may endure some legal issues (in my area, harnesses are illegal)

The hard cheap plastic, was it a smooth hard cheap plastic or textured?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 01:55 AM

Garage
I like the red stitching as well if I'm buying a red, white, black, or gray car. But I'm not sure how it will look on other color options. Which brings up the question: Has anyone heard of what color options are going to be offered for the exterior? Are they going to be roughly the same as the current Elantra GT? It would be nice to see some sporty color options for this car, like possibly yellow or orange. Not a huge fan of red (personal choice), and I have a white car already. My Abarth is black, which is gorgeous when it's clean, but it's only ever clean for a day at the most. I like blue if done correctly, and have never owned a gray/siver car, which is probably the direction I'll be leaning if Hyundai doesn't offer the car in some brighter colors.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 12:02 AM

The hard plastics were all pebbled/textured. Most of the touch points feel good, but the bottom of the door panels, and the center strip of plastic that cuts across the very front of the dash is noticeably cheaper, harder, and louder than the surrounding materials when tapped-on.

I guess I just won't tap on it! LOL!

I circled the center strip that needs some intervention from Hyundai or the aftermarket. Maybe a brushed-aluminum finish for this piece? A Matte red color? It needs something classy, yet sporty and not gaudy. Maybe some feedback from you or some others?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-hyundai-elantra-gt_100591674_m.jpg (72.9 KB, 8 views)
GTSport likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 03:51 PM

I'm already starting to think what an N Sport Elantra GT will look like starting with this concept's interior:

If my imagination is right, then Civic Type R guys might be jealous of us
dhoosee likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoosee View Post
The hard plastics were all pebbled/textured. Most of the touch points feel good, but the bottom of the door panels, and the center strip of plastic that cuts across the very front of the dash is noticeably cheaper, harder, and louder than the surrounding materials when tapped-on.

I guess I just won't tap on it! LOL!

I circled the center strip that needs some intervention from Hyundai or the aftermarket. Maybe a brushed-aluminum finish for this piece? A Matte red color? It needs something classy, yet sporty and not gaudy. Maybe some feedback from you or some others?
Considering how flat it is, I would be inclined to probably wrap it in vinyl as it shouldn't be that hard. Thankfully with the plethora of vinyl options we have, you could make that thing look like burl wood if you wanted to haha
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 03:28 PM

Personally I would like to see some type of wood trim with a piano black trim or something similar to piano black but in a grey if you know what I mean.

If it wasn't for this new era of Hyundai design then me mentioning those trims would be impossible.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page