Hyundai i30 N Racer Is Making An Appearance At SEMA - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Hyundai i30 N Racer Is Making An Appearance At SEMA

Hyundai’s new i30 N hot hatch took part in this year’s Nürburging 24-hour race and now we learn that it’s now heading to the SEMA Show which starts on October 31 in Las Vegas.

Most enthusiasts know of the legendary Nordschleife and this year’s race took place in May with the i30 N taking part in pre-production spec. Known for its terrifying and merciless route, the Nurburgring puts a lot of stress on a vehicle and more so during a 24-hour race. An ultimate test of a prototype’s durability, the race lasts for 122 laps and each vehicle races over 1,800 miles of tarmac.

After completing the grueling race, the i30 N’s production form debuted in July and launch in Europe before the end of this year. Powering the hot hatch is a turbocharged 2.0-liter petrol four-cylinder delivering an impressive 246 hp to its front wheels. If that’s not enough ponies for you, there’s an optional Performance Package which bumps the numbers up to 271 hp. That’s enough to rocket the car from 0-62 mph in 6.1 seconds.

Of course straight line speeds aren’t everything, especially for those looking for a spirited daily driver. The chassis comes standard with adaptive suspension and those who opt for the Performance Package will also get an electronic limited-slip differential, thus improving the vehicle’s handling characteristics.

Too bad CarScoops says the i30 N won’t be sold in the States, but you will be able to catch a glimpse of it at SEMA.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 12:02 PM

wonder what modifications were made to the car so that it could withstand the long hours on the track, being pushed to its limit for so long. Most cars would have overheated and blown something.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra View Post
wonder what modifications were made to the car so that it could withstand the long hours on the track, being pushed to its limit for so long. Most cars would have overheated and blown something.
An intercooler should be one of them since that is a performance focused way of cooling compared to what consumers get from the factory.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page