Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Price - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Price

Estimated price on the Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo is between $19,635 and $20,635

This information is via Car&Driver and I'll post a quote from there that has their brief explanation.

For me, anything in around that $20k range really isn't bad at all and hopefully after driving it, I can feel better about my decision. But from a practicality stand-point, I think it's ideal and it's within range of it's competitors.

Quote:
The 2018 Elantra GT will reach dealerships this summer and is likely to be priced starting around $20,000. That’s higher than the Elantra sedan’s $17,985 base price, but the GT will try to justify its higher price using its enhanced practicality and style.
Hyundai Elantra GT Reviews - Hyundai Elantra GT Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver
dhoosee likes this.
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 02:11 AM

Garage
If they can stick to the $20K sticker price and if this car doesn't need alot of options added to it (I for one will not add driver's assist options like adaptive cruise control and auto start/stop -- I find them annoying), then this car should be a winner provided the performance and driving quality is close to what's been advertised so far.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 11:28 AM

$20k sounds great, but Subaru could be cutting back on standard features to sell it for such a low price. So far, all I know is that an 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto comes standard.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaDog View Post
If they can stick to the $20K sticker price and if this car doesn't need alot of options added to it (I for one will not add driver's assist options like adaptive cruise control and auto start/stop -- I find them annoying), then this car should be a winner provided the performance and driving quality is close to what's been advertised so far.
If the Scion iA/scion iM was any lesson to them, then creating a Hyundai version of that will serve them well. iM's sold well enough, all Hyundai has to do is slot a product right into that segment
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

The biggest downfall of the iM was the power that the engine produced, the Elantra GT Sport will have that rectified with just enough kick to make people happy, and the functionality of the hatch. the iM to be was just a regular hatch whereas the Elantra GT Sport will be a hot-hatch.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 12:04 AM

biggest problem was that they based the iM off the corolla platform, doing that made it sluggish and fundamentally not as sporty driving as it looks. maybe the next generation iM will be better or not exist at all.

toyota needs to learn from Mazda on what to do
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:15 PM

Garage
Test drove a 2017 Elantra Sport this weekend to hopefully get a feel of what this engine is going to be like. Absolutely loved it. Hopefully, the feel of the sedan transfers over to the hatch. Nice acceleration...but the handling was fantastic. Our local dealer has a test track they take those who are test driving performance models, so they let me take the sedan out and toss it around a makeshift autocross course. Minimal to no body roll and it just feels dialed in. The steering in "sport" mode has a nice feel to it, and I could feel the sport suspension in the corners but it felt pretty normal during straight line acceleration. If there's anything about the hatch that doesn't do it for me, it's nice to know the sedan is out there. If for some reason I don't like the hatch, I'm definitely picking up a Elantra Sport sedan.

My wife is thinking about getting one too, but locally they are very hard to find. Keeping my fingers crossed that this GT Sport is going to be as good as advertised.
Parteklman likes this.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Your local dealer has a test track?! That is absolutely crazy! I would make weekly visits to that place haha!

I'm sure it wouldn't feel that much different, and maybe it'll have a slightly wider track width or longer wheel base so it'll feel even better going through the turns. A bit more planted.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaDog View Post
Test drove a 2017 Elantra Sport this weekend to hopefully get a feel of what this engine is going to be like. Absolutely loved it. Hopefully, the feel of the sedan transfers over to the hatch. Nice acceleration...but the handling was fantastic. Our local dealer has a test track they take those who are test driving performance models, so they let me take the sedan out and toss it around a makeshift autocross course. Minimal to no body roll and it just feels dialed in. The steering in "sport" mode has a nice feel to it, and I could feel the sport suspension in the corners but it felt pretty normal during straight line acceleration. If there's anything about the hatch that doesn't do it for me, it's nice to know the sedan is out there. If for some reason I don't like the hatch, I'm definitely picking up a Elantra Sport sedan.

My wife is thinking about getting one too, but locally they are very hard to find. Keeping my fingers crossed that this GT Sport is going to be as good as advertised.
How did you find body roll to be while on the track? Never owned an Elantra but heard how bad body roll has been with previous generation, which leads me to believe its a characteristic naturally part of it... although its not a good thing, however not a deal breaker.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 04:19 PM

Garage
Body roll is minimum. My Abarth has quite a bit of body roll going into corners...enough that you wish the seats had more bolstering. The Alfa has absolutely zero body roll. The Elantra Sport definitely leans towards the Alfa end of the spectrum.

The dealer's test track is probably about the size of a football field, with one side being coned like an autocross track and the other side left as a fairly decent straightaway. While in the autocross section of the track (with lower speed, of course) I could detect almost no body roll at all. When entering the turn at the end of the straightaway, there was some very, very minor body roll, but I was going fast enough to wag the rear end with traction control on, so I think you'd have to be really flogging the throttle thru the turns for the body roll to be noticeable. Now since the GT Sport will be a little taller, there might be some additional body roll, but I'm inclined to think it will be negligible, especially since the cars share the same rear suspension.

I bought my Fiesta ST from the same dealer, and they let me take that car on the track too. Probably sealed the deal. Hopefully, when they get some GT Sports in stock, they'll let me repeat the drive in one of those, then I can report back with my impressions. The waiting is annoying, especially with the sedan already available and being so good. My wife might have bought the one we test drove if it wasn't red (not her favorite color). This has the potential to be a pretty outstanding ride if they did it right.
Parteklman and hyundaiguy like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page