2018 Hyundai Elantra GT - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

2018 Hyundai Elantra GT

Seems like more and more reviews are coming in and this one is from driving.ca: First Drive: 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT

From the sounds of it, the Sport model s the way to go unless you want a better audio system.
Quote:
The thing we’d miss most by choosing a Sport over the Ultimate is the Infinity seven speaker sound system with amp.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 10:22 AM

Well at least the audio system will be easy enough to change. Even if I did get an Infinity seven speaker sound system, I'd still end up swapping components out and adding more haha.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 05:38 PM

Shame that Sport Ultimate doesn't come with a manual. Long gone are the days where some of the most fun trims come with a manual, now its everything below that. Thought Hyundai would include it here as a last run
dhoosee likes this.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:26 AM

It would have been a great idea to have a manual transmission for this but unfortunately, such is life I guess. I'm sure we'll still be able to have a lot of fun with this GT Sport though.

Have you owned a lot of manuals ?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSport View Post
It would have been a great idea to have a manual transmission for this but unfortunately, such is life I guess. I'm sure we'll still be able to have a lot of fun with this GT Sport though.

Have you owned a lot of manuals ?
Owned a few in my time but the lack of them these days isn't much of a downer since automatics have outpaced how manuals perform and at the end of the day its about performance. Better performance to me = more fun, but that's not always the case for everyone
Parteklman likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 01:20 PM

Can't disagree with that. These new automatic transmissions just shift so much quicker and smoother than any person can on a manual transmission. They're trying to help with the manuals though that have that auto-blip from factory but it's just not the same.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 06:25 PM

Seen that too, lucky for anyone that wants a manual, if an N-Sport model comes out then we should be seeing a manual on that. If Honda can come out with a manual-only Type R then what's stopping Hyundai? Especially when they need to attract people more than Honda does.
Parteklman likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 11:38 PM

Disappointed.

Saw an article online today pretty much confirming that the EGTS will not be available with a manual transmission and premium features, especially the Panoramic roof and ventilated seats (I can do without the lane departure stuff....). Because of this possibility, I'm back to cross-shopping the GTI, and found that for 2018, they will be available with Clark Plaid seats, sunroof, and more power than the 2017.

I still look forward to driving the EGTS, BUT if the nice options aren't available with the stick, I'm heading for Germany and the GTI.....
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 03:00 PM

The plaid seats in the GTI are freaking sweet. They're fast as well and a manual transmission option is there... I may be on the same boat as you at this point.

My cousin actually just purchased one so I may convince him to let me take a drive in it to determine.
dhoosee likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

You'd think they would offer a manual option as that seems to be the preferred gearbox when it comes to performance models like the EGTS. Take a test drive and let us know what you think of it! Maybe its performance can make you overlook the lack of manual.
dhoosee likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page