intro thread - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

intro thread

new to the forum but not new to hyundai.
used to own a 2014 Hyundai Elantra sedan which I still own till today.
not in any rush to get a new car but the Elantra GT caught my attention and i'm here to aid my potential in buying one.

what does everyone else here drive?
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 02:23 AM

Garage
Our garage consists of a 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth, a 2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design, and a 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch edition. If I pull the trigger on an Elantra GT Sport, it will be my first Hyundai...but I've been keeping a close eye on both Hyundai and Kia and I'm impressed with how much they've improved over the past 5 years.
Electra and hyundaiguy like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaDog View Post
Our garage consists of a 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth, a 2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design, and a 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch edition. If I pull the trigger on an Elantra GT Sport, it will be my first Hyundai...but I've been keeping a close eye on both Hyundai and Kia and I'm impressed with how much they've improved over the past 5 years.
What ever you do, don't get rid of that 4C, it might have its quirks but from what I seen its amazing

Haven't done it myself but if you have time one day, get seat time in a Veloster Turbo or Genesis Coupe. Either one should be a great teaser to the Elantra GT.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 02:43 PM

I second not getting rid of that 4C, those cars are gorgeous and I would definitely have one if I had the space for an impractical, stunning looking and performing car.

But, I own a 02 3-series and it's definitely time to get rid of er' soon. Costing more money than it's worth at this point.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 11:25 PM

Garage
No plans on getting rid of the 4C, and thankfully, except for the mods I've done, it hasn't cost me much besides the original purchase price. But it is woefully impractical, and my son (who is autistic) has a real issue with the engine noise. But it's huge fun for me when I get a chance to take it out.

That car is one of the reasons why I'm looking for a sporty daily driver. Obviously, it doesn't need to be as sporty as the 4C, but if it isn't fun to drive, I'll be incredibly bored with it. That's why I'm really hoping the GT Sport is fun and has some character. I was impressed with the driving dynamics of the Kia Forte5 SX, so if it can approximate that level of performance with all the standard equipment AND the multi-link rear suspension, I'm good to go...especially if they can keep the price at $25K or below. Plus, I think it looks incredible for a hatch...very refined but sporty.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Sorry to hear about that but at least you got to experience a car that gets right down to the basics when it comes to performance. Heard of other woes from reviewers.

A future direction for you might be the Giulia QV, greater odds your son will enjoy it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 12:39 PM

The Elantra GT is a shoe in if it drives like a Kia Forte5 SX, so much torque and hp from a reasonable rev range. The elantra GT already looks better IMO, just needs the power output to back up the design.
Parteklman likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 03:16 PM

The Giulia QV is definitely a great vehicle, but much different from the 4C and of course the Elantra GT Sport in pretty much every aspect possible. But your son would probably enjoy that better, and it has that valvetronic exhaust thing I think where you can quieten it or open it up in sport mode.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 08:35 PM

Garage
I test drove a Guilia QV last week and can tell you that everything you've read about it is true. I was speechless after 5 minutes behind the wheel.

The boy loved my Fiesta ST and he likes the 500 Abarth, which is actually pretty loud. But the 4C has a lot more cabin noise and I think it's just a bit too intense. I would get a Guilia QV in a second if I thought it was a bit more practical, but for now the 4C will do. I just really want something I can have some fun with on the way to work and back that has some practicality. Getting a door ding or a minor scratch is a lot easier to take on a $20k car than it is on a $80k+ car, so that's why I'm leaning heavily towards the GT Sport. If I can get a decent lease deal, I'll try it on for a few years then buy it outright if I like it (then possibly do some light modding?). Hopefully the thing drives as nicely as it looks.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 08:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra View Post
The Elantra GT is a shoe in if it drives like a Kia Forte5 SX, so much torque and hp from a reasonable rev range. The elantra GT already looks better IMO, just needs the power output to back up the design.
Completely agree. I'm a big fan of the Forte5 SX, and if you lower it and some some light cosmetic mods, I think they're a pretty sharp car. But that Elantra GT is just so good looking. I think of it as a hot-hatch for mature drivers. Very classy looks and a little less teenager-esque that the Forte5 SX, so if it drives similarly (and it really should since the HP/torque stats are the same) then I'll be all over the Elantra GT.
Parteklman likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page