GT 2.0L Turbo Tuning - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaeden

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb GT 2.0L Turbo Tuning

Hello there! Long time listener, first time caller. I recently purchased the 2018 GT, but my dealership did not have any of the 1.6L Sport models in stock sadly. Since I needed a car then and there, I ended up with the 2.0L and I'm looking to upgrade it with a turbo kit. Can anyone offer a list of parts I'd need for this new model of the car? I have tried to search them out but with the car being so new, I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places. Any help is appreciated!
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 01:59 PM

As the car is still very new, I think you're going to have a difficult time finding any aftermarket kits at this point. Not sure whereabouts you live, but your best bet might be going to a tune shop, so they can see what exactly is available in their system at this point. That being said I was able to fine one website currently offering some performance mods. Hyundai Elantra - Elantra GT 2018+ - Page 1 - Shark Racing
ExplodingBacon likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:35 AM

As Kaeden said, there doesn't seem to be any turbo kits for the Elantra GT yet, but there may be an aftermarket company near you who's willing to develop one so long as they have a donor car (yours).
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 05:02 PM

I was thinking the same thing but not a kit. I had a thought of getting the manifold and turbo from a 2.0t model. Like sonata/Tuscan/etc. any one know of a turbo manifold that shares the same bolt pattern as the gt?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:26 AM

Garage
Since someone else has brought this back from the grave I'm in the same boat here.

Didn't have a chance to buy the sport model but would like to add some performance mods(ideally a turbo) to the '18 GT GLS.

I know the 2017+ Hyundai Elantra uses the same 2L NA engine but doesn't seem to have anything available either.

Would be nice if we had a thread or section for people to list where they've found compatible parts.

Adding a turbo means likely also adding a new exhaust, manifold, maybe a clutch(not sure how much this one can handle), plus doing an ECU tune.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page