Start/Stop Button with Red Surround - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Start/Stop Button with Red Surround

I noticed in a YouTube video that the 2018 GT Sport has red outlines on the start/stop button (and also the climate control panel), while the 2019 GT N-Line does not. For the start/stop button in particular I am wondering if the 2018 GT button can be purchased and fitted to the 2019 N line car and how easy it might be to remove/refit ?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 10:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanE View Post
I noticed in a YouTube video that the 2018 GT Sport has red outlines on the start/stop button (and also the climate control panel), while the 2019 GT N-Line does not. For the start/stop button in particular I am wondering if the 2018 GT button can be purchased and fitted to the 2019 N line car and how easy it might be to remove/refit ?
I also want red outlines around the climate control system which was also previously on the'18 GT sport. At this point I'm trying to find some vinyl to apply over these areas to try to get the same color as around the vents which is more metallic orange than red to my eyes.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:06 AM

I think you can purchase red rings on ebay for the start stop button.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 02:09 PM

Garage
I just made the mistake at looking through photos of the interior trim differences of the 2018 sport relative to the 2019 N-Line. We lost red trim around the start button, red trim around the temperature control system, and red seatbelts!

I've attached pictures I found of all three. Major bummer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	326858_2018_Hyundai_Elantra_1570295347222.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	961   Click image for larger version

Name:	326870_2018_Hyundai_Elantra_1570295354017.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	963   Click image for larger version

Name:	326874_2018_Hyundai_Elantra_1570295359062.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	965  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalculonsTalent View Post
I just made the mistake at looking through photos of the interior trim differences of the 2018 sport relative to the 2019 N-Line. We lost red trim around the start button, red trim around the temperature control system, and red seatbelts!

I've attached pictures I found of all three. Major bummer.

Red seatbelts are Canadian. My US '18 GT Sport has black seatbelts. Otherwise, yes the GTS has red vents front and rear, red around the HVAC and red around the start/stop button. The GTS also has matte finish around the steering wheel controls whereas the N-Line is gloss piano black, in addition to the N-line specific steering wheel, N-line DCT shifter, N-line seat embossing and carbon fiber embossing on the bolsters.

I thought it was odd that they dropped so much of the red accents from the N-line. I was hoping they would have added more to areas like the door trim. But, oh well...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 12:11 AM

Yeah....I managed to test drive the 2018 GT Sport and 2019 N Line, I did notice the difference on the console/interior.
I had hoped that the ‘red’ accents would continue into the 2019 model but did not.
Ultimately, purchased the new N Line as I felt it drove better and could sacrifice some of the red interior.
I would still be interested to hear if anybody has found any after market vinyl or other to get some of the 2018 GT Sport color into the N Line.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:11 PM
GTF

Vvivid satin red chrome is a pretty close match. I used it on a boost gauge mount I made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sm boost.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	967   Click image for larger version

Name:	boooost.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	969  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
Vvivid satin red chrome is a pretty close match. I used it on a boost gauge mount I made.
That's a slick mount and placement.

Any chance you can share your process in doing this, and maybe which gauge you bought?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 01:29 AM

Garage
I was a little disappointed as well, but, it's part of the N-Line design aesthetic.

If you look at the N bumpers on the full-N cars, they are trimmed in red.
If you look at the N bumpers on the N-Line, they are trimmed in silver.

This extends to the cabin. So you get silver accents on the climate control and ignition button, but in return you get red stitching on the seats (and in Canada, red seatbelts and additional fender badges), etc.

At least the N-Line gets larger flappy paddles, too. They are easier and more comfortable to use than the nigh-vestigial size of the '18 Sport.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 01:40 AM

I don't like the red as much so the N-line direction is better for me but I realize I'm in the minority here.

Has anyone researched getting I30 parts from overseas? I think the Euro ones do silver instead of red for the left and right air vents, I'd like to change it out if it isn't too cost prohibitive.

Does anyone know if the trim ring is separate or is the vent one assembly?

2019 N-line 6spd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page