Aftermarket Exhaust - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By GTSport
  • 1 Post By hyundaiguy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Aftermarket Exhaust

I know I'll immediately be looking for an aftermarket exhaust as standard oem exhaust systems aren't my tune and I love a deep growl in my vehicles. But aside from sounding great, turbocharged vehicles can gain a really good amount of power from some simple exhaust upgrades.

Something like an aftermarket down pipe can really make a world of a difference when it comes to performance and that'll probably be the first component I look at when upgrading.

Is anyone else anticipating making some exhaust changes?
dhoosee likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:03 PM

At first I wanted to say I'll stay with the stock sport exhaust but after hearing them on the Elantra Sport, its a no.
Being very particular on exhaust, waiting on something with a deeper refined tone is what I'm after. Haven't found it so far. Everything is either too raspy or too high pitched.
dhoosee likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

I agree, sometimes it may even come down to having to make custom changes yourself (through a shop), one thing I'm actually looking at, depending on how serious I want to get with this, is going to be upping the boost and having an undercar dump or something.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 02:24 AM

Garage
Is there a "go to" vendor for Hyundai mods?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaDog View Post
Is there a "go to" vendor for Hyundai mods?
I would say Tork Motorsports as they're making quite the amount of products already for the Elantra Sport and I'm sure they'll be pushing products for the GT and GT Turbo as well
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSport View Post
I would say Tork Motorsports as they're making quite the amount of products already for the Elantra Sport and I'm sure they'll be pushing products for the GT and GT Turbo as well
Once these start getting into the hands of dealerships, emailing them and other exhaust makes could bring up some definite timeline for production. Right now they're waiting like us.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 09:28 PM

I order a new axle back exhaust about a month ago now. These guys deal with the GT and they are custom fit. https://afepower.com. Give them a try for new aftermarket exhaust.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs375 View Post
I order a new axle back exhaust about a month ago now. These guys deal with the GT and they are custom fit. https://afepower.com. Give them a try for new aftermarket exhaust.
Are you planning to get a tune? From what i understand is that modifications like these only work best when combined with a tune and even other air and even fuel mods.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page