The wheels, is it the suspension or just me? - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 03:05 PM

Because the rear suspension on these is independent, there could be a slight amount of negative camber set from the factory.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 11:50 AM

Garage
MOST cars will have a bit of negative camber from the factory. Companies are doing it for the handling aspect. My focus had almost 2 degrees from the factory. Look at the ass end of a BMW X5 from a few years ago. They’re running insane looking camber in the rear.

Your car is fine.

PS
“Stancing” is a Bullshit exaggeration of racing alignments it’s not an actual term nor does it provide ANY benefit.
paulhaney likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 05:46 PM

I noticed the same thing on my 2019 Elantra GT Nline. The factory spec I saw for the front was +/- 0.5 deg camber. The rear looks like about 1 deg negative (top of tire leaning toward centerline of car). I did two track days and noticed a lot of understeer. I had adjustable strut bolts installed at the front and got 1.3 deg negative camber. Fast corners on the street feel much better. Will do another track day as soon as the virus blows over. Adding another adjustable bolt to the front struts will give more neg camber. There are adjustable rear suspension links that allow camber adjustments there.

Tires generate "camber thrust" in the direction of the camber lean. This is extra lateral force in addition to that generated by slip angle. As described in another post negative camber also improves the shape of the contact patch for the tire on the outside of a turn.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 06:37 PM

looks EXACTLY like mine

I had a 4-wheel alignment done (2016 GT) and the result was the same as yours. I haven't put many miles on it since, so don't know if there will be any effect on tread wear...yet. I'll know soon. I have been keeping a close eye on them and don't see anything so far.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page