Lower Rear Fascia - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Lower Rear Fascia

Has anyone else noticed the rear lower fascia (2019 Elantra GT N-line) to not be secured. Mine has some play in it and makes some clunking noises when moved. I also attribute it to the same sounds when going over slight bumps. Haven't made it to the dealership t see what they say yet. Not worried it is going to fall off or anything but just seems it should be a tighter fit.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtnAle View Post
Has anyone else noticed the rear lower fascia (2019 Elantra GT N-line) to not be secured. Mine has some play in it and makes some clunking noises when moved. I also attribute it to the same sounds when going over slight bumps. Haven't made it to the dealership t see what they say yet. Not worried it is going to fall off or anything but just seems it should be a tighter fit.
Mine does exactly the same thing, Keep us posted with your dealer response.

2020 Elantra GT N-Line
2020 Camaro 2SS Convertible
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtnAle View Post
By "lower rear fascia," are you referring to the part below the bumper?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasseousClay View Post
By "lower rear fascia," are you referring to the part below the bumper?
Yes, that is what he is referring to.

2020 Elantra GT N-Line
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Dropped by local dealership today. Was told that the looseness is normal.
Has anyone had the opportunity to get under their car and see how this panel is mounted?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 10:36 PM

The rear has those plastic push in connectors .. mine was doing the same thing .. and I had 2 of the plastic push connectors ..loose ..so I pushed them back into where they should have been connected to .. but they don't seem super tight ..so you may want to check on them periodically..to make sure the havent come loose ..from every day driving .. see picture they look like these .. I hadn't checked the front ..but I believe attached similiar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200729-223518_Amazon Shopping_1596076558273.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	641.3 KB
ID:	1519  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON66 View Post
The rear has those plastic push in connectors .. mine was doing the same thing .. and I had 2 of the plastic push connectors ..loose ..so I pushed them back into where they should have been connected to .. but they don't seem super tight ..so you may want to check on them periodically..to make sure the havent come loose ..from every day driving .. see picture they look like these .. I hadn't checked the front ..but I believe attached similiar
I wonder if a dab of glue of some kind would keep the connectors from loosening. If for some reason the fascia needed to be removed or replaced, the plastic connectors could just be cut off.

ArtnAle's dealer response is typical. They just don't want to deal with the situation because it is not in their warrantee hourly charge back schedule.

2020 Elantra GT N-Line
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 12:32 PM

Mine does the same. I noticed when I was under there installing mud flaps. I figured it has something to do with low speed impact resistance but the amount of movement was surprising.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page