Any front grill conversions like the sedan yet? - Page 3 - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 12:56 AM

The front grill is like a graph paper grid. You affix the badge around the vertical (" l ") fat part of the grill. It should be the 3rd row from the top of the grill and the 4th from the right (see pic for reference). I used cable ties to tie it together (see amazon link) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. You can stack 3 cable tie bases side by side on the adhesive backing of N Line badge and it will be flush with the badge. Then you can use the zip ties to form loops to tie them together to create a line of zip ties to wrap around the " l ", because one zip tie isn't enough to wrap around the " l ". Since the zip ties are skinny and they are black it isn't noticeable, looks like the badge is floating or was like that from factory. Clamps might be noticeable since they are thick. If you need any more help let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0848.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1137  
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyitaaron View Post
The front grill is like a graph paper grid. You affix the badge around the vertical (" l ") fat part of the grill. It should be the 3rd row from the top of the grill and the 4th from the right (see pic for reference). I used cable ties to tie it together (see amazon link) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. You can stack 3 cable tie bases side by side on the adhesive backing of N Line badge and it will be flush with the badge. Then you can use the zip ties to form loops to tie them together to create a line of zip ties to wrap around the " l ", because one zip tie isn't enough to wrap around the " l ". Since the zip ties are skinny and they are black it isn't noticeable, looks like the badge is floating or was like that from factory. Clamps might be noticeable since they are thick. If you need any more help let me know.
Thanks! The zip tie boxes are an ingenious solution.

I don't think my logo has the box to the right of the N as blue. I gotta check now.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalculonsTalent View Post
Quote:
Thanks! The zip tie boxes are an ingenious solution.

I don't think my logo has the box to the right of the N as blue. I gotta check now.
Oh the blue was something I did on my my own. I cover the black box with vinyl wrap. Wanted to break up the color and add performance blue to the N Line logo.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 04:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Oh the blue was something I did on my my own. I cover the black box with vinyl wrap. Wanted to break up the color and add performance blue to the N Line logo.
The blue is a great touch. I might have to do the same with the inside of the GT badge (though red for me).

Thanks again
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 06:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalculonsTalent View Post
I also found some Kona badges on eBay that had measurements posted in the description and while they were all super sloppy and approximate, I think it's close enough, so I just ordered a Kona front cover to try out.
Kona front cover does NOT fit. It's close, but the Kona cover is too big. Oddly this one is a little scuffed up compared to the other one I received so I'm not sure if I can even sell it to a Kona owner.

I might just try to heat it up and see if I can shrink it some?

Lame.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page