New Intake & Power Module - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

New Intake & Power Module

Over the weekend, I installed an aFe Scorcher power module and I just finished installing a short ram intake from SXTH with the OEM breather and bpv delete. The car is definitely quicker now (thanks mostly to the Scorcher), and the stock bov sounds really nice.

The power module was pretty easy to install, except for running the wire for the control module through the firewall. That was a pain, because the TCC had to come off to get to the hole in the firewall where the hood release cable goes, which is where you're supposed to run the wire. 3 of the 4 bolts that hold the TCC in place were easy to get off, but the fourth one was tougher than I expected. And getting the wire through the rubber grommet was equally challenging. I'd say about 100 minutes of the whole two hour process was getting that wire through to the engine bay. After that though, everything in the engine bay was super easy. Just connecting the module to the MAP sensor, removing the air box to connect to the TMAP sensor, and then putting the air box back. Easy.

Intake was really simple, the instructions were great. Only difficult part was removing the hose coming off the blowoff valve, and that was just because it was tough to get to the clamp that held it on. Whole thing took less than an hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190325_153922.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	689  
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:15 AM

Garage
Congrats on the new mods! I just did the BPV mod this weekend, thinking of doing the breather delete as well. Enjoy!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 12:39 PM

Very clean install and appreciate the heads up with some of the snags. I was quite happy with the factory BOV on my Genesis as well, never saw the need for an aftermarket one. Glad to finally see some builds for the GT.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 PM

Now that the intake is installed, are you noticing a change to the engines sound from inside the cabin?
With past cars of mine that happened and I always liked the intake sound, on others it didn't come through that clear.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaiguy View Post
Now that the intake is installed, are you noticing a change to the engines sound from inside the cabin?
With past cars of mine that happened and I always liked the intake sound, on others it didn't come through that clear.
Oh yes, it's clear as day. Every time i hit the accelerator there's a distinct whoosh, and every time I let off, I can hear the bov venting. It's definitely not subtle.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrott View Post
Congrats on the new mods! I just did the BPV mod this weekend, thinking of doing the breather delete as well. Enjoy!
Thanks! I thought about the breather delete, but didn't like the idea of venting that stuff into the air. I'll probably eventually get a catch can.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 05:47 PM

Garage
I know this thread is ancient by now but what do you think of scorcher?

Are you using premium fuel now?

What's your economy like and which settings on the scorcher are you using?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 09:23 PM

Garage
What does the scorcher do? Does it just fool the ECU into thinking itís low on boost?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 11:04 PM

Today I had the exhaust resonator delete done and added a rear spoiler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190930_160138.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	445.4 KB
ID:	941  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 12:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammarkus View Post
Today I had the exhaust resonator delete done and added a rear spoiler.
What spoiler is that?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page