Rally Armour mud flaps. - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalculonsTalent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring_tech View Post
Nope they use factory fender liner hardware and they come with brackets to reinforce where needed. With a 90degree Phillips screwdriver, you don’t even need to take the wheels off.
I have to admit that I can't stop thinking about how nice these look.

I noticed there was another company making mud flaps (for the i30N) and they have the N logo on them too. The mounting hardware looks similar to my eyes.

Do you think these look about the same?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/rallyflapZ-...o/183860577370
The RA flaps are made of urethane as opposed to PVC. to give you an idea. PVC is what cheap shower curtains are made of. Food for thought.

2019 N Line in Space Black
Power adders in the works
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 05:59 PM

So here are my $19 mud flaps plus one extra screw each side that I used to secure them down. I used the two screws within the wheel well and added a 3rd at the top to snug them in really well. I used a piece of cardboard to make an exact template of the mud flaps to use to determine the best fit, angle and how low I wanted them. I then drilled the holes, screwed them in and done like dinner. I did take the wheels off which really made things way easier. I normally dread taking off wheels, but by doing so, It made the install a snap.
I may adjust the angle after the winter when I install the new wheels, but for now, I am pretty pleased with them.
Total cost, under $20
They are fit really well and very snug and will not move or losen. The car is dirty as it had been snowing here and that's just what happens here in Ontario.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191108_164519.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	384.1 KB
ID:	1111   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191108_164535.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	537.1 KB
ID:	1113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191108_164543.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	419.3 KB
ID:	1115  
Exeno likes this.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 01:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear365 View Post
The 2018-2020 OEM Mudguards do not fit the N-Line. It says it on the Hyundai Accessory Resource Center (ARC), and on the instructions for the part itself. (The front says they will, but however they will not, as my Dealer has tried to, and failed miserably)

This I already know. I have an '18 GT Sport with full OEM mudguards, as well as a '19 N-Line with the fronts. Was hoping Hyundai would make an OEM flap for the rears. Thus my complaint about the price.

They look nice, they are aftermarket, Rally Armour is reputable. But over $100 for a set of flaps is a bit much.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 03:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear365 View Post
The 2018-2020 OEM Mudguards do not fit the N-Line. It says it on the Hyundai Accessory Resource Center (ARC), and on the instructions for the part itself. (The front says they will, but however they will not, as my Dealer has tried to, and failed miserably)

This I already know. I have an '18 GT Sport with full OEM mudguards, as well as a '19 N-Line with the fronts. Was hoping Hyundai would make an OEM flap for the rears. Thus my complaint about the price.

They look nice, they are aftermarket, Rally Armour is reputable. But over $100 for a set of flaps is a bit much.
They're really nice, and I would recommend them. They're Urethane, which makes them flexible, easier to clean, and they don't gouge as easily as the plastic ones. They're also $100+ because of the hardware and warranty they provide. "Easy" to install if you know what you're doing and dont mind learning a new cuss word here or there.

But yeah, MobisUSA has said Hyundai isn't making or changing any OEM accessories for the PD Elantra GT anytime soon.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 08:28 PM

OKAY, here are my "cheap AF" mud flaps. For under $20 I got these installed. Once I get my new wheels in the spring I may adjust them a bit, but I wanted them to look good from as many angles as possible. I took the wheels off, made a template and put them on. It took about 45 mins in total.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191109_084405 (1).jpg
Views:	23
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	1135  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page