New (to me) 2018 Elantra GT Sport - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
New (to me) 2018 Elantra GT Sport

Hey everyone! Just flew one-way to Chicago from Virginia this past weekend to pick up my lightly used (4050 miles on the odo when purchased) 2018 Elantra GT Sport. It's Black Noir Pearl and fully loaded with the Sport Tech Package. This is my first (new) car purchase -- upgraded from a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am. With the radar cruise control and lane assist, the car practically drove itself from Chicago. The air conditioned seats, panoramic moon roof, and infinity sound system are all incredible as well (coming from aftermarket audio system). The interior is mature and refined with more than enough cargo space -- so far I have no complaints. I've had the car less than a week and I absolutely couldn't be happier with my purchase. The fact it was lightly used saved me a pretty penny as well. Looking forward to being an active member in the community, nice to meet you all.

- Dylan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Side-Front.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	442.2 KB
ID:	431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side-Back.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior - Moonroof.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	437  
smithe68 likes this.
millerdt is offline  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 88
Millerdt, thats quite the find, considering that finding even a new GT Sport w/ tech is tough, let alone a lightly used one. Can you share details of the purchase? Was it private party or dealer purchase? how much did you pay, not including tax?
bobdod04 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Junior Member
 
ExNukeSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Minneapolis northwestern burbs.
Posts: 24
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerdt View Post
Hey everyone! Just flew one-way to Chicago from Virginia this past weekend to pick up my lightly used (4050 miles on the odo when purchased) 2018 Elantra GT Sport. It's Black Noir Pearl and fully loaded with the Sport Tech Package. This is my first (new) car purchase -- upgraded from a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am. With the radar cruise control and lane assist, the car practically drove itself from Chicago. The air conditioned seats, panoramic moon roof, and infinity sound system are all incredible as well (coming from aftermarket audio system). The interior is mature and refined with more than enough cargo space -- so far I have no complaints. I've had the car less than a week and I absolutely couldn't be happier with my purchase. The fact it was lightly used saved me a pretty penny as well. Looking forward to being an active member in the community, nice to meet you all.

- Dylan
Congrats on the GT!

I got mine with 4600mi on it as well. It was a loaner car for the dealership, but I was still able to buy it as new with all the time on warranty, discounts and ability to lease intact. Just extra discount for wear and tear.

I love that panoramic roof! Wanted it, but I couldn't justify another 4k for the whole tech package. I'm too cheap.

2018 Elantra GT Sport ,Base, DCT, Black
ExNukeSquid is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 83
Welcome to the community and congrats on the new ride! That's a pretty huge upgrade from your previous car and long overdue. Must have been an attractive price to warrant the flight.
Kaeden is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdod04 View Post
Millerdt, thats quite the find, considering that finding even a new GT Sport w/ tech is tough, let alone a lightly used one. Can you share details of the purchase? Was it private party or dealer purchase? how much did you pay, not including tax?
Yea sure - here's the whole backstory! I was looking for a Ford Focus ST for weeks trying to get the best deal in my area. I had already missed out on two of them as they were sold before I got to them. I had a bad experience at one of the local Ford dealerships after haggling and showing him the same car in Chicago for $5000 less. The manager said with an attitude that there's no way he could compete if I was willing to go to Chicago for a car and basically shoved me out the door.

I was set up to test drive a similar Ford Focus ST at the local Hyundai dealership, but when I arrived they told me they sold it the previous day (after telling me it was available on the phone - ugh). However, I decided to stick around and test drive all the new Hyundai's I could before they closed (Elantra GT, Elantra GT Sport, and Veloster). I fell in love with the Elantra GT Sport during my test drive and was quoted 24200 OTD for the base model.

That night I searched on the internet for used 2018 Elantra GT Sport's, specifically with the Tech package since so much is included at a reasonable upcharge. I went on cars.com - filtered lowest to highest price - selected the NAV option to filter out base models - and saw the car I now have sitting in my driveway listed at $21500...$3500 less than the next one.

The only catch is that it had been added the day before and didn't even have pictures posted yet; not to mention it was located at a dealership in Chicago (I guess all the cheap cars are in Chicago). I called them up and asked for them to email me a quote and send pictures. They said the car wasn't on their lot as it was in detailing and I couldn't get pictures for another day. They emailed me the quote at $23700 OTD including some bogus $1000 inspection fee. At this point I just figured screw it - It's practically new - I already know what it looks like and how it drives - I'm sure it still has the warranty - it's exactly what I want and has more features than I would ever need - I can't let this car slip through my fingers.

I told them I'd never seen a $1000 inspection fee on a used car and if they took $500 off I'd buy my plane ticket as soon as we end the call and be there tomorrow -- and that's exactly what happened. The dealership was a pleasure to work with - they picked me up from the airport, took me out to lunch, fixed everything I asked them to, set me up with a full tank of gas for the ride home and didn't try to sell me on any extended warranty garbage. I ended up paying $23200 OTD.

I think it was a combination of luck and being in the right place at the right time. I hadn't even seen pictures of the vehicle until I landed in Chicago. Once I finally got my eyes on it -- it looked as though it had never been driven off the lot. It also came with tinted windows, both carpeted and all-weather mats, and a cargo net. It's nearly a week later and I couldn't be happier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNukeSquid View Post
Congrats on the GT! I got mine with 4600mi on it as well. It was a loaner car for the dealership, but I was still able to buy it as new with all the time on warranty, discounts and ability to lease intact. Just extra discount for wear and tear. I love that panoramic roof! Wanted it, but I couldn't justify another 4k for the whole tech package. I'm too cheap.
That's awesome, congratulations! Despite all of the other features, I think the panoramic roof is my favorite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeden View Post
Welcome to the community and congrats on the new ride! That's a pretty huge upgrade from your previous car and long overdue. Must have been an attractive price to warrant the flight.
Thank you! Yea it's quite the change and definitely long overdue - my mom bought the Pontiac new in 2001 and it's been passed down from from my brother to me since. I still love it, but it was definitely time for a new ride. As for the price, it absolutely was! Read above for all the details.
millerdt is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Junior Member
 
BubbleTeaAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7
Garage
Congrats on your new GT. Looks great in Black too. love the red stripe as well. Enjoy!
BubbleTeaAddict is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2
Hi to all GT sport owners. My short explanation to purchasing. Had driven one at a Denver
Dealership and enjoyed the get up and go of the turbo. Have never owned a get up and go car as we were RVing and just wanted a vehicle to tow behind a Motorhome. Well I was hooked on the Gt turbo manual but the trouble finding the color Etc around Denver area was difficult. Finally found
what was close to what I wanted in Salt Lake City (manual trans and silver color). Sent a deposit
and flew to Salt lake to pick up vehicle. Had fun driving back to Denver but being a new car (50 miles) varied speed..Still learning audio Bluetooth apple airplay. Also while in Salt lake had clear bra put on front to protect against road debris. Might have not found it yet in manual. One question
To have radio play continuously without timing out and without engine running. What is procedure with push start.
Thanks to all Safe driving
Shack4 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Junior Member
 
ExNukeSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Minneapolis northwestern burbs.
Posts: 24
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack4 View Post
Hi to all GT sport owners. My short explanation to purchasing. Had driven one at a Denver
Dealership and enjoyed the get up and go of the turbo. Have never owned a get up and go car as we were RVing and just wanted a vehicle to tow behind a Motorhome. Well I was hooked on the Gt turbo manual but the trouble finding the color Etc around Denver area was difficult. Finally found
what was close to what I wanted in Salt Lake City (manual trans and silver color). Sent a deposit
and flew to Salt lake to pick up vehicle. Had fun driving back to Denver but being a new car (50 miles) varied speed..Still learning audio Bluetooth apple airplay. Also while in Salt lake had clear bra put on front to protect against road debris. Might have not found it yet in manual. One question
To have radio play continuously without timing out and without engine running. What is procedure with push start.
Thanks to all Safe driving
First, congrats on the new GT, Shack!

Push the start button once and you will be in accessory mode (like turning a key to ACC) that should let the radio stay on untill you cycle through the electrical modes. Push twice and you will be in system on (like turning a key to run). That will turn on dash gauges and engine electronics. Push a third time to turn off electrical.

2018 Elantra GT Sport ,Base, DCT, Black
ExNukeSquid is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 14
Very Nice! I think I may drive out to a pretty location and take several photos of my Blue one. I had to look online on how to lock and unlock the doors. I haven't locked myself out of a car in a LONG time, but I wonder what one does to get into an Elantra GT should you lock your keys in your car.

Last edited by Electric Blue; 08-09-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Electric Blue is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Very Nice! I think I may drive out to a pretty location and take several photos of my Blue one. I had to look online on how to lock and unlock the doors. I haven't locked myself out of a car in a LONG time, but I wonder what one does to get into an Elantra GT should you lock your keys in your car.
I'm not sure if they set you up with Hyundai BlueLink when you bought the car, but assuming your phone is alive and you have service, I would use the app to start it. Hasn't yet happened though and not sure if it would work but I think so.
millerdt is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proud owner of the 2018 Elantra GT Sport Mizerab1e Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Owners Registry And Check In Area 11 10-31-2018 03:59 PM
2018 Elantra GT Sport Bluetooth issue..... gmalfara Electronics 5 06-29-2018 07:56 PM
First 2018 Elantra GT Sport on the East Coast glados Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Owners Registry And Check In Area 4 03-22-2018 06:25 PM
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT and Sport Gunning For VW And Honda Elantra GT News 2017+ Elantra GT Turbo News 3 05-25-2017 04:17 PM
New 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Gains European Flair and Sport Model ElantraGTAdmin 2017+ Elantra GT Turbo News 0 03-22-2017 07:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome