Snagged my new GT Sport today. - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By dac21

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Snagged my new GT Sport today.

Climbed into my metal Armor and headed to a So. Cal Dealer. Needed it, they thought I ,was some rube whom would pay $1800 for a bogus 3M Paint / Interior coating package. Told them what I thought of them and literally got out of my seat and started walking out of the dealership. Not to surprised that they blinked and chased me down. Bought a grey Sport with Performance package for $24,240 + T&L. Seemed a pretty fair deal?
Jericho and havnot123 like this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, above should have read "tech" package not performance package.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:20 PM

That sounds look a great deal for the tech package option. Welcome from another summit gray owner!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 12:27 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new GT. That's a great deal on your spec and a lot of car for the money imo. New to the brand or upgrading from an older model?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeden View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new GT. That's a great deal on your spec and a lot of car for the money imo. New to the brand or upgrading from an older model?
New to the brand. I was throwing good money after bad to keep a 15 year old Mazda 6 on the road.

So far 8 days in and I'm really liking the car. I was looking at a Civic Hatch as well. But even with year end close out at Honda it would have been minimum $1800 more to get into the EX-L with Navi (and still not have all the goodies that my GT has)

The extra 6 mpg would have been nice, but since I only drive about 6k miles a year the Honda would have saved me only about $130 a year in gas savings. It never would have made up the difference in price. Plus the piece of mind in a far superior warranty. The Hatch is a dime a dozen here in So. Cal. as well. I can't recall seeing another GT Sport yet.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 10:40 AM

Congrats @dac21 and welcome to the forum. The latest Hyundai products do have exceptional value when compared to rivals. Glad to hear that your no negotiation tactics played to your advantage.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac21 View Post
New to the brand. I was throwing good money after bad to keep a 15 year old Mazda 6 on the road.

So far 8 days in and I'm really liking the car. I was looking at a Civic Hatch as well. But even with year end close out at Honda it would have been minimum $1800 more to get into the EX-L with Navi (and still not have all the goodies that my GT has)

The extra 6 mpg would have been nice, but since I only drive about 6k miles a year the Honda would have saved me only about $130 a year in gas savings. It never would have made up the difference in price. Plus the piece of mind in a far superior warranty. The Hatch is a dime a dozen here in So. Cal. as well. I can't recall seeing another GT Sport yet.
Welcome to Hyundai. Can't blame you for coming here from Mazda but I hear a lot of great things about the upcoming Mazda 3. This comes during a time that the segment has seen more competition. Do you plan on going back to Mazda in the future?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaiguy View Post
Quote:

Welcome to Hyundai. Can't blame you for coming here from Mazda but I hear a lot of great things about the upcoming Mazda 3. This comes during a time that the segment has seen more competition. Do you plan on going back to Mazda in the future?

I would have considered the new Mazda 3 But my Mazda 6 literally died on me. The new 3 just was shown at the L.A. Auto show and still is a few months away from Dealer lots. They backed off on the styling of the concept car, and went with a rather odd bulbus rear end on the Hatch that I can take or leave. The 2.5 liter motor is a bit long in the tooth which carries over in the regular trim. Top of the line model get the new spark assisted gasoline compression engine which seems intriguing but I would not want to be an early adopter in spite of what should be 42+ highway gas milage. I'm happy with my decision with the GTS
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
These are just numbers. If you got automatic (DCT) use paddles to upshift, use ECO mode and you will be surprised. Civic looks ugly (in my opinion) and why you see them all around is because people still think that Honda (and Toyota) are bulletproof cars which will run forever and actually make gas as they run. Plain and simple BS. Search Net for Civic's 1.5 turbo issues, not to mention CVT.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I would have considered the new Mazda 3 But my Mazda 6 literally died on me. The new 3 just was shown at the L.A. Auto show and still is a few months away from Dealer lots. They backed off on the styling of the concept car, and went with a rather odd bulbus rear end on the Hatch that I can take or leave. The 2.5 liter motor is a bit long in the tooth which carries over in the regular trim. Top of the line model get the new spark assisted gasoline compression engine which seems intriguing but I would not want to be an early adopter in spite of what should be 42+ highway gas milage. I'm happy with my decision with the GTS
I know what you mean, even those skyactiv engines have their fair share of issues which IMO need vetting before any serious commitment, Mazda has work to do.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page