New N-Line Owner - Page 3 - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdod04 View Post
I am not sure I understand the logic in getting a clear bra for this car. After you drove it off the lot, it became worth about ~$20k. In 2 years, it'll be worth about $14k. You're spending 10-15% of the value of the car to keep rock chips off the hood? I am not sure I get that. Don't get me wrong, I like my GTS, and I keep it clean, washed, and waxed, but I accept that its a commodity commuter car and its going to get chips in the paint. Clear bras are meant for exotics and collector cars that have $15k paint jobs and spend life in garages, with the very occasional drive. Please save your money! $2k for keeping chips off of this car is kind of silly to me.
Clear Bra's usually run a couple hundred. I think I'm personally going to get a paint pen instead to fill them in as they come, and then consider an aftermarket hood if it gets bad, or repaint the hood.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwgtndriver View Post
Thanks HG for the warm welcome. I narrowed the test drive finalists to 3 hatches - Elantra GT N, VW GTI, and the Civic Sport Touring. Biggest determining factor for me was price. Got mine with the tech package for $7800 below MSRP (combination of manufacturer rebate + dealer discount). Other factor was that here in Seattle, I noticed that the Civics were just everywhere! I hardly saw any Elantras on the road even with the 2018 model. So wanted to be different. With the GTI, its exterior looks just didn't do it for me the way Elantra did
Maybe I need to shop in the Seattle area. Two dealers more local to me want to charge $3,000 to $4,000 over MSRP, before fees.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page