New N-Line Owner - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

New N-Line Owner

Just bought my first Hyundai last week, an Elantra GT N-Line. Blue, with the DCT and tech package. Was very surprised they had one in Des Moines, IA, but I'm not complaining. Such a fun little car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190303_205859_751.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	687  
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:46 PM

Sweet ride SP. Just bought 1 today but couldn't convince my wife to get the blue like yours. So we both agreed on the summit gray. Will post some pics soon!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:26 PM

Glad to have a new member on the forum.

Did you test out any other hatches before deciding to go with the Elantra?

Keep us posted on how your initial months with it goes.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaiguy View Post

Thanks HG for the warm welcome. I narrowed the test drive finalists to 3 hatches - Elantra GT N, VW GTI, and the Civic Sport Touring. Biggest determining factor for me was price. Got mine with the tech package for $7800 below MSRP (combination of manufacturer rebate + dealer discount). Other factor was that here in Seattle, I noticed that the Civics were just everywhere! I hardly saw any Elantras on the road even with the 2018 model. So wanted to be different. With the GTI, its exterior looks just didn't do it for me the way Elantra did
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwgtndriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaiguy View Post

Thanks HG for the warm welcome. I narrowed the test drive finalists to 3 hatches - Elantra GT N, VW GTI, and the Civic Sport Touring. Biggest determining factor for me was price. Got mine with the tech package for $7800 below MSRP (combination of manufacturer rebate + dealer discount). Other factor was that here in Seattle, I noticed that the Civics were just everywhere! I hardly saw any Elantras on the road even with the 2018 model. So wanted to be different. With the GTI, its exterior looks just didn't do it for me the way Elantra did [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/images/ElantragtForum_toucan/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Wow, amazing discount, less than 22k?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac21 View Post
Wow, amazing discount, less than 22k?
Wow Dac you sure know pricing yup $21540 to be exact before tax & fees. Upon leaving, my salesman said "Man you really got a **** of a deal on this". I picked up the car the next day after walking out on the dealer with no deal and I can tell his sales manager was not happy. When I returned, he didn't even greet with me a "hey so great or nice to see you come back". My sales guy bypassed him and went to the GM to get the deal I wanted.

I've scheduled window tint and full frontal clear wrap in a couple of weeks. Once that's done, I'll post before & after pics. So sad part is I'm not driving it until that's done to avoid any rock chips
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:23 PM

Wow.

Its great to see you did that comparing because I find its not done enough with most owners.
I went through a similar process as well, love the Civic, but not its overt styling. I've been a Honda guy for many years so i'm still on the fence.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:56 AM

GT N-Line in Black

I'm from Canada, eh! I got a GTN in Black, DCT about 2 months ago. Had the dealership tint the windows and do a paint protection spray before pick-up! 2 weeks after I got it, I had the rims powder-coated black; they look amazing!
Car runs so well, and has some nice get-up and go. Coming from a 3.8L Genesis Coupe with 350hp, I was scared of the downgrade in engine size. I'm definitely not disappointed!
hyundaiguy likes this.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haslamkevin View Post
I'm from Canada, eh! I got a GTN in Black, DCT about 2 months ago. Had the dealership tint the windows and do a paint protection spray before pick-up! 2 weeks after I got it, I had the rims powder-coated black; they look amazing!
Car runs so well, and has some nice get-up and go. Coming from a 3.8L Genesis Coupe with 350hp, I was scared of the downgrade in engine size. I'm definitely not disappointed!
Hey Kevin. Please post pics of your powder coated wheels. Been thinking of doing that as well. Maybe start a new thread on those pics as we've hijacked this thread enough from SP
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 04:56 PM

All this Elantra GT interest has me wondering how Veloster sales will hold up.
Its seems that a growing amount of people want practicality more than anything else which the GT does. Veloster to a lesser extent.
haslamkevin likes this.