N Performance Series Parts - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

N Performance Series Parts

I just read, yesterday, that Hyundai is coming out with a line of N performance parts for the Veloster to begin with but is planning to come out with parts for its other "sport" models...Fingers crossed for our Elantras. I really want a little more performance out of my GT but do not want to jeopardize the factory warranty.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:45 PM

Totally with you. Can’t happen soon enough.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimaniac View Post
I just read, yesterday, that Hyundai is coming out with a line of N performance parts for the Veloster to begin with but is planning to come out with parts for its other "sport" models...Fingers crossed for our Elantras. I really want a little more performance out of my GT but do not want to jeopardize the factory warranty.
Just debuted at the Detroit Auto show. Exact same engine / specs. To early to know if any accessory add ons will be available. Some adjustments to motor mounts, sway bars, elec steering, and springs. So there will be some handling improvement. Manual shift cars will get Michelin Sport Pilot Summer tires (big upgrade) Different front bumper, driving lights. Interior identical other than the steering wheel.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:21 AM

I know the new N variant is a direct replacement for the Sport, but have they not also improved the handling? I'm seeing mention of new sway bars, stiffer springs and better factory rubber.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
I know the new N variant is a direct replacement for the Sport, but have they not also improved the handling? I'm seeing mention of new sway bars, stiffer springs and better factory rubber.
sways and engine mounts will be revised. shocks will be retuned, as will the steering calibration. I think swapping out the engine mounts and sways would be easy. I doubt that swapping the suspension will be of much benefit. I am planning on sourcing the front and rear bumpers though... they look way better.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 05:33 PM

Often waiting for aftermarket engine mounts turn out to be the actual solution because getting them to help us small guy out takes a lot of motivation on their end.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 07:34 PM

I've got no use for the N unless they up the HP to compete with the other hot hatches out there. I feel close to 300 HP would do it. I'd strongly consider trading my 2018 GT Sport toward one with that much go.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:46 AM

Even the new Veloster N isn't hitting that threshold in max spec. With the performance pack its only putting out 275hp.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:53 PM

275 would be enough , but it'd need it to be in an Elantra with a DCT. Just couldn't see myself in a Veloster (personal taste) and due to a significant amount of arthritis I can't drive a stick.
syrinx_priest likes this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeden View Post
Even the new Veloster N isn't hitting that threshold in max spec. With the performance pack its only putting out 275hp.
Hyundai had to play it safe because with models like the Type R and Focus RS its hard to compete and Hyundai never offered real performance trims till now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page