Where are all the GT N lines? - Page 4 - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:53 AM

I don't think the info for the 2019 N-line came out until 2019. It wasn't an august release or anything.
There's nothing fancy about this car I see no reason why a mechanic would have a "crap experience" fixing them. Aftermarket support probably won't be the best regarding getting all sorts of parts at, say, Autozone but I see no reason that one wouldn't be able to get parts for the car.

If you have to drive a couple hundred miles for the right car at the right deal then go for it. I've flown half way across the country several times to get the car I wanted.
vmoore0485 likes this.
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:48 PM

The 1.6 turbo power unit is used in several models over the entire line hyundai sells in the USA . Most other parts are off the shelf , sum body panels mite take time to ship . I am an old man i studied this car a good bit with the Dct before purchase as it was to replace another toy , it is fun to drive love the overall package i would not loose sleep over repairs , it is a hyundai problem for a 100,000 miles . every one have agreat day .
vmoore0485 likes this.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixb View Post
i would not loose sleep over repairs , it is a hyundai problem for a 100,000 miles . every one have agreat day .
Another reason I'm hoping for a 2020 model is then maybe my dealer can direct order what I want here to Virginia. They double the original warranty and cover for 200k miles. That definitely takes a lot of worry out of parts pricing/issues come time for it to start falling apart. lol
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:08 PM

There are plenty here in the Phoenix metro.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:33 PM

Anyone considering the Veloster? Ever since seeing the N version my interest in the lower trims have grown.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 01:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaiguy View Post
Anyone considering the Veloster? Ever since seeing the N version my interest in the lower trims have grown.
Can't get comfortable with the rear visibility out of the Veloster, and I don't need the extra stuff on a full blown N car. For me the Elantra N-Line is a perfect fit... if I could only get my local dealers to actually respond and sell me the darn thing... I am shocked that so many dealers A. Don't have a clue what the N-Line is. B. Don't respond to serious buyers.
hyundaiguy likes this.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRkangel View Post
Can't get comfortable with the rear visibility out of the Veloster, and I don't need the extra stuff on a full blown N car. For me the Elantra N-Line is a perfect fit... if I could only get my local dealers to actually respond and sell me the darn thing... I am shocked that so many dealers A. Don't have a clue what the N-Line is. B. Don't respond to serious buyers.
Its not the first time I heard that about visibility. Hopefully Hyundai makes an Elantra N as hot as the Veloster N. I would buy it.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:08 PM

They already make it...it's just a matter of them deciding to bring it to the USA. It's my understanding they decided to bring the Velocitor N to some regions and the i30N (Elantra GT) to others (nobody gets both).
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 03:18 AM

I just purchased an N-Line a last week and took delivery on Wednesday! One thing I didn't notice during the test drive was the pops from the exhaust. I was reversing into a spot and I could hear the exhaust making small little pops. Yesterday after work in the parking garage, after a night shift, I thought I would try and see if I could get the exhaust to pop a little bit again. I was able to get some pretty loud pops from the exhaust right after a cold start! Can't wait to put an axle back on it and get those pops even louder haha Does anyone have any recommendation for an axle back for the '19 N-Line?

2019 ELANTRA N-LINE 6MT
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:43 AM

The pops definitely get louder with an axle back. The only options out there are the AFE axle back ($$) which is just a straight pipe and I think the Hyundai OEM option. I took mine to a local shop and got one made up for $250 with new tips. It's pretty loud compared to stock but I like it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page