Got my Big Mouth intake installed - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMc View Post
I read the instructions. The first step is removing the front bumper!
Just for 100% clarity is the install video you saw specific for the Elantra GT sport / N line?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 04:24 PM

I ordered this for my 2019 Elantra N Line. I hope taking off the bumper is not too crazy. This should work well with my DIY ram-air intake and my GAN ECU tune. It looks like you just need to take your time with removing the front bumper part. I ordered black body with red intake piece which should look nice. If anyone has any helpful tips with the bumper removal and reinstall, please post. I will do the same once mine arrivess.
miluardo likes this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 01:19 PM

Garage
The factory inlet is in the front-top of the driver side radiator mount, to begin with. So yes taking the bumper off is a necessary step (as it is for many modern cars now), but really it's not a big deal. Two people can get the thing off the car in less than 5 minutes, and that's at a leisurely pace.

This isn't a mod I would be interested in, but I AM at the very least, interested in knowing if there's any noticeable difference in intake charge temperature. Which an OBDII connector and app would be able to show. As for the ram-air effect, I'm pretty skeptical of that only because the entire intake system for this car is anything BUT a straight-shot and the ram effect may not be as great, given the curves it has before it even hits the airbox.

I also wonder if there's any effect at all in simply removing the curved outer inlet and leaving it at that.

Just being skeptical.
miluardo likes this.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 01:24 PM

Garage
All of you performance modders are awesome. I would love to do this stuff but I'm honestly too afraid of invalidating my warranty to even install a cold air intake.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 11:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalculonsTalent View Post
All of you performance modders are awesome. I would love to do this stuff but I'm honestly too afraid of invalidating my warranty to even install a cold air intake.

Read up on the Magnusen-Moss Warranty Act. It's all you need to know about vehicle modifications and warranty coverage. There's other various sites that help break down and re-interpret it, but for purposes of this thread, all it really means is that the manufacturer cannot deny your warranty claim UNLESS proven that the replaced/modified part caused the failure. The burden of proof is on the MANUFACTURER (dealer) to provide.

In other words, if your coilpacks failed, Hyundai cannot deny your claim because you have an aftermarket air intake. Aside from the two being extremely unrelated, the dealer would have to somehow prove that the air intake was at fault.
miluardo likes this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeno View Post
The factory inlet is in the front-top of the driver side radiator mount, to begin with. So yes taking the bumper off is a necessary step (as it is for many modern cars now), but really it's not a big deal. Two people can get the thing off the car in less than 5 minutes, and that's at a leisurely pace.

This isn't a mod I would be interested in, but I AM at the very least, interested in knowing if there's any noticeable difference in intake charge temperature. Which an OBDII connector and app would be able to show. As for the ram-air effect, I'm pretty skeptical of that only because the entire intake system for this car is anything BUT a straight-shot and the ram effect may not be as great, given the curves it has before it even hits the airbox.

I also wonder if there's any effect at all in simply removing the curved outer inlet and leaving it at that.

Just being skeptical.
I totally agree I am usually skeptical as well. For me, the intake will at least provide a little more air that is from the outside which will be cooler and for me that will be enough. I do have an ODB2 scanner so I will for sure take some before and after air temp intakes just to know.
Exeno likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page