Hyundai Elantra GT banner

Trunk release with Keyfob not working

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  verafrolovav 
#1 ·
When using the Keyfob trunk release button all I get is a flash from the Turn Signal lights but no trunk lock release. Only manually depressing the physical botton on the Hatch will release the lock. Am I missing something or is it time for a Dealer visit?

#4 ·
I guess this issue is way beyond my pay grade because I can manually open my trunk by depressing the trunk lid button whether the doors are locked or unlocked, and whether I hit the trunk unlock button on my remote or not it doesn't matter it opens. In summary as long as I have the proximity key with me the trunk opens by manually depressing the button regardless of any other scenario. That being the case I really have no idea why there is a trunk release button on the keyless remote. It doesn't trip the lock on the trunk, to me it does nothing other than flash the lights .???

#9 · (Edited)
There's no need to go to the dealer with this problem. That is, you don't have to pay him for something you can fix yourself. For example, you can Rent Car Key Programmers online, which will change the key fob program and allow you to open the trunk door from a distance and in the car and outside. The dealer will ask too much money for that but will do the same thing as a programmer, you know? It makes more sense to do it yourself and not through a dealer. I got that advice from my dad long ago, and I still use it. I wish you the best of luck with your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.