GT Sport review - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaDog View Post
I've seen a couple of recent YouTube videos where it appeared the EGTS was soaking the curves on some winding roads with no problem. If it handles 90% as good as the Elantra Sport Sedan, then I think that unless you plan on tracking it or running autocross, the handling should be good enough. Plus, that's something that's fairly easy to correct with mods if needed.

Just need a model to arrive at a dealer so I can test drive...I'll snag a Elantra Sport sedan if I don't like the driving characteristics of the EGTS, but I really want to like the EGTS because it'd be nice to have that storage available if needed. The sedan has a decent sized trunk, but it really can't compare. I'm pretty surprised there still no build tool on the Hyundai website, nor any concrete pricing info.
I think if we were to ask dealers they might show us their dealer portal unless its just as limited for them given the current timeline.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 12:10 PM

What is a dealer portal and what is it used for??
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSport View Post
What is a dealer portal and what is it used for??
Just some fancy words I used for the information they see on their end, given all they're responsible for and take care of to get cars to us, something valuable has to be on it.... or at least I hope.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 11:23 PM

I always assumed they hide what their dealer portal shows because of how much info is on there. Maybe the dealer can print out an order sheet?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 11:27 PM

depends on what information is on it and state of the order book process
sometimes i even seen dealers write up their own order sheets to get a deposit down in a formal way by listing down whatever information they have at the moment.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 03:48 AM

Was not even aware that was possible as I've assumed deposits are just contracts to buy one in the future, sometimes with no idea what the options and specs could be.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra View Post
Was not even aware that was possible as I've assumed deposits are just contracts to buy one in the future, sometimes with no idea what the options and specs could be.
well if you think about it, any way for them to generate more leads is a win for them especially when the person walking into the dealer really wants the car, no point letting them leave without getting their spot in line some how. its a business after all.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 05:16 AM

More dependent on the buyer I suppose. Not something I would prefer to do before seeing the specs sheet and reading a few reviews. Due research before I buy any car, that's been my motto.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:48 PM

My 2019 GT N Line with a GAN ECU tune is pretty darn fast.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page