New guy... Just bought a silver GT N-line - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaiguy View Post
Too bad these aren't getting closer to the 30 mpg mark because that's where I feel they should be. So far competition doesn't do that but Hyundai should be the one to raise the bar.

In mixed driving I'm easily getting 32mpg hand calculated. I'm not easy on the throttle.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:25 PM

@kakrohn , I have an AFE axle-back system I am trying to sell. If interested feel free to message me for details. Great sounding exhaust.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
hey @kakrohn , welcome to the forum!
what other hatches were you looking into before deciding on the GT-N?
hopefully gas mileage is better for you than others I heard about.
I've been online & window shopping for a couple years. But I recently came across a GT N-line video on YouTube... 3 days later I test drove a couple and bought one. I never really considered Hyundai before, we've been a Honda family for 12+ years & before that we were a BMW family.

I checked out the Civic Sport hatchback and GTI, but both would've been several thousand more and the warranty isn't as good. Although I think both of those would've been much easier to modify.

2019 Elantra GT N-line (DCT)
2018 Honda Fit EX (CVT)
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
hey @kakrohn , welcome to the forum!
what other hatches were you looking into before deciding on the GT-N?
hopefully gas mileage is better for you than others I heard about.
We just completed a 600 mile roadtrip to Miami Beach & back yesterday (the car just hit 1,000 miles as we pulled back into the driveway). Anyway, I had the cruise set at 80mph most of the way and got an average of 31.2mpg (computer calculated). Also it was hot and humid (around 93-95 degrees).

My stop & go city driving is usually in Sport mode & I have a heavy foot... so 21-22mpg is my norm.

2018 Honda Fit EX (CVT)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccuany View Post
@kakrohn , I have an AFE axle-back system I am trying to sell. If interested feel free to message me for details. Great sounding exhaust.
Thanks! I checked out your listing. I am looking for an exhaust, but don't think I'd be a fan of the straight pipes either.

2018 Honda Fit EX (CVT)
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:47 PM

Garage
I have the 18' GT Sport (now the N Line) and I average about 30/31. For this car I wanted a hatchback and shopped every possibility, the Elantra GT Sport def offered the best balance and bang for the buck. I would have maybe sprung for the Subaru Impreza hatchback sport but while I loved the styling the sport trim was all appearance and no performance difference, it's efficient but boring (very modest power and for the auto a CVT trans that if more fuel efficient but boring as **** to drive). The GT sport with the turbo and dual clutch trans is just a much better driving experience.

Civic hatch sport was up there too but while it offers similar fun to drive experience and better fuel efficient the price tag was higher and you got far less value as far as tech, and to me the heavily sloped tail gate took away from some of the versatility I wanted in a hatchback... and I think they over styled it.

CB
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBalser5 View Post
I have the 18' GT Sport (now the N Line) and I average about 30/31. For this car I wanted a hatchback and shopped every possibility, the Elantra GT Sport def offered the best balance and bang for the buck. I would have maybe sprung for the Subaru Impreza hatchback sport but while I loved the styling the sport trim was all appearance and no performance difference, it's efficient but boring (very modest power and for the auto a CVT trans that if more fuel efficient but boring as **** to drive). The GT sport with the turbo and dual clutch trans is just a much better driving experience.

Civic hatch sport was up there too but while it offers similar fun to drive experience and better fuel efficient the price tag was higher and you got far less value as far as tech, and to me the heavily sloped tail gate took away from some of the versatility I wanted in a hatchback... and I think they over styled it.

Agree on the Civic. Those faux rear grills are obnoxious to the point I couldn't get past it. That and the Money for the 2018 to get Honda Sensing +Nav. I believe Sensing for 2019 is included across the line.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac21 View Post
Agree on the Civic. Those faux rear grills are obnoxious to the point I couldn't get past it. That and the Money for the 2018 to get Honda Sensing +Nav. I believe Sensing for 2019 is included across the line.
Hindsight, I probably should've got the Civic. The GT only has 1980 miles and starting to feel slower, louder engine ticks, annoying interior rattles. Plus the Civic has cloth interior (leather sucks in Florida) and all the tech & sensing stuff standard. Oh well, I'm stuck with it for 59 more months

2018 Honda Fit EX (CVT)
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakrohn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dac21 View Post
Hindsight, I probably should've got the Civic. The GT only has 1980 miles and starting to feel slower, louder engine ticks, annoying interior rattles. Plus the Civic has cloth interior (leather sucks in Florida) and all the tech & sensing stuff standard. Oh well, I'm stuck with it for 59 more months [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/images/ElantragtForum_toucan/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Probably that Florida heat picking up. Turbos are turbos and they like cooler air. The Civic is Turbo as well and no doubt a bit more sluggish as well with Summer coming on. As for ticking, mine is much quieter after the first oil change. I went with Pennzoil Platinum with a 1/2 quart splash of Castrol Magnatron (for better or worst)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page