New guy... Just bought a silver GT N-line - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 10
New guy... Just bought a silver GT N-line

New guy here... Just bought a silver GT N-line DCT on Memorial Day. I don't plan doing much with the appearance, but am interested in the best way to get more power (without breaking the bank).

2019 Elantra GT N-line (DCT)
2018 Honda Fit EX (CVT)
kakrohn is offline  
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 01:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 35
Check out the offerings here:

https://afepower.com/products?year=2...engine=I4-1.6L

They have cat-back and axle back exhausts, a cold air intake, and a power module that can increase boost for not too much.

Also SXTH element sells some good stuff.
https://www.sxthelement.com/2017-Hyu...cts-s/1830.htm

I have the short ram intake from there, and it sounds great and adds a little extra pull.
syrinx_priest is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 211
hey @kakrohn , welcome to the forum!
what other hatches were you looking into before deciding on the GT-N?
hopefully gas mileage is better for you than others I heard about.
hyundaiguy is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaiguy View Post
hey @kakrohn , welcome to the forum!
what other hatches were you looking into before deciding on the GT-N?
hopefully gas mileage is better for you than others I heard about.
Are you referring to the gas milage of the 2018 Sport and 2019 N, or just the N? I would think they would be the same?

On a couple recent 90 mile trips (90% freeway) I have gotten 36 and 37.2 mpg. Computer calculated. Temps we're about 72F and a slight (800 ft) down hill bias on the way down and of course the same uphill bias on the way back.

From a recent article I read about Auto computer calculated gas milage one can expect the milage will run in the neighborhood of about 6% high. So my actual milage would be 34 and 35. Since the car is rated at 32, I'm pleased. Probably 65% of the miles we're with the Adaptive Cruise Control on which does a fine job of feathering the gas pedal.
dac21 is online now  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 27
My mileage has exceeded EPA estimates. I'm not gentle on the gas pedal either. I'm pleasantly surprised by the mileage. Hand calculations typically show the computer number to be about 1mpg higher than actual.
jetrep is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dac21 View Post
Are you referring to the gas milage of the 2018 Sport and 2019 N, or just the N? I would think they would be the same?

On a couple recent 90 mile trips (90% freeway) I have gotten 36 and 37.2 mpg. Computer calculated. Temps we're about 72F and a slight (800 ft) down hill bias on the way down and of course the same uphill bias on the way back.

From a recent article I read about Auto computer calculated gas milage one can expect the milage will run in the neighborhood of about 6% high. So my actual milage would be 34 and 35. Since the car is rated at 32, I'm pleased. Probably 65% of the miles we're with the Adaptive Cruise Control on which does a fine job of feathering the gas pedal.
Just the N but I can imagine why the N might be worse and it comes with habit. People buying the sportier version might be driving it as such

But yes, they shouldn't be much different at all.
hyundaiguy is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:37 PM
Junior Member
 
pnwgtndriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 13
Been doing city driving only and I get 25.5 mpg (manual calculation)

2019 Elantra GT N Line DCT
Tech Package Summit Grey
pnwgtndriver is online now  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwgtndriver View Post
Been doing city driving only and I get 25.5 mpg (manual calculation)
So to be clear manual calculation = topping off the fuel tank method? 25.5 mpg sounds about right. What is the computer calculation in between fill ups?
dac21 is online now  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Junior Member
 
pnwgtndriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dac21 View Post
So to be clear manual calculation = topping off the fuel tank method? 25.5 mpg sounds about right. What is the computer calculation in between fill ups?
Yep. Computer read higher, 26.6 mpg.

2019 Elantra GT N Line DCT
Tech Package Summit Grey
pnwgtndriver is online now  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 211
Too bad these aren't getting closer to the 30 mpg mark because that's where I feel they should be. So far competition doesn't do that but Hyundai should be the one to raise the bar.
hyundaiguy is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome