Looking for a new owner for my N Line DCT - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Unread 03-16-2020, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a new owner for my N Line DCT

Hello N-Liners,

I'm new to this forum; also new to the Elantra GT Sport/N Line community. I drive a 2019 Elantra GT N Line with Tech Package. The car has 6600 miles on the Odo (black & black, daily driver, leased) No complaints so far; love the sport mode, features, gets good mileage and pretty quick on the freeway. However due to some unforeseen circumstances I have to part ways with my car, sadly!!. Since the car is a lease, I'm kind of limited to what my options are & was wondering if someone from this community might have some advise. Since Hyundai/kia have restrictions in swapping or trading leases, I'm at a deadend there. I went to a local Carvana dealership and got the car appraised; they offer me $19000, but the pay off is $24,139 on my car, so I'd be taking a massive hit financially.

Is there a way to safely exiting out of the lease without taking a hit?? I am open to selling the car to private parties, but not entirely sure on how it'll work with a lease. It saddens me to part ways with my car, but I'm in a tough spot career wise and with payments.

Appreciate any help or advice from you all.

Thanks,
Sri
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200212_104808_1584386483660.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	1231   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200212_104759_1584386498551.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	1233  
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Unread 03-16-2020, 03:25 PM

Bummer you have to get rid of the car. Hate to say it but with that pay off number you're going to be taking a hit. I don't know anything about hyundai specific leases but I'd head over to swap-a-lease or leasetrader and see what the scoop is.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Unread 03-29-2020, 12:36 PM

Welcome to the forum Sri. It's too bad you have to move on from the car.

Like jetrep suggested, leasetrader is a really good tool for stuff like this. Like any new car you're likely going to take a hit but hopefully the hit isn't as bad as $5000 like the carvana offer.