2020 GT N Line - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ReyGT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

2020 GT N Line

I bought one of the two MT N-lines in SOCAL, so far very content with the car, it reminds me a lot of a previously owned Focus ST with a little less kick.
So far i have switched the paper air filter to a high flow K&N one, I am also looking into getting an axle back if you guys could point me to a good exhaust place near North OC CA. BTW the car is Stellar Silver.
Vinnierap likes this.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 11:42 AM

Garage
Congrats. Look into an ECU tune, with a new set of plugs, and an intake. Or he||, as odd as it sounds, the "piggyback chips" even produce great results on these cars, like the Scorcher. Though that's mostly due to the fact that the factory ECU doesn't operate too far outside of it's parameters; unlike some cars that will adjust to, say, 91 Octane and use a more aggressive fuel map or even just advance the timing for a noticeable increase in power, these Gamma II engines don't do that. This is why you don't see too many threads recommending higher octane fuel for better performance, and the marginal improvement may not be worth the extra $$$ you're pumping into the tank. But the flipside is that the more static programming can help with more consistent results with either a piggyback or a straight up tune.

You'll get a significant upgrade in power and basically transform the car and feel closer to your old ST. You may not meet the power potential simply because you're down just about a half a liter in displacement....

But there's also more full N cars on the way from Hyundai, so, a Kona N may end up being a decent and more direct Focus ST replacement.

Last edited by Exeno; 05-09-2020 at 11:46 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 01:56 PM

Welcome to the forum Rey! Are there any other mods that you plan on doing?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page