Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum

Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum (https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/6-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   2019 GT N Line 6 speed - Iron Grey (https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/6-new-member-introductions/1391-2019-gt-n-line-6-speed-iron-grey.html)

Jredman82 09-01-2019 09:21 PM

2019 GT N Line 6 speed - Iron Grey
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hey folks, was able to find an iron grey (wouldn't do any other colour). Couldn't find any DCT models left in Ontario, Canada (in any colour) so went with a 6 speed. Fun as heck to drive with the hankooks. Would have preferred an auto, but love the grey on grey. Stick is fun some days.

Test drove a BMW 340i, and a CLA 250. Both were around $34 k, and a few years old coming off lease. The Hyundai was the third vehicle I looked at. Didn't even know what an N Line was...but it had that x factor that BMW and Mercedes didn't. I also owned a GLK 350 and the maintenance killed me.

Anyways sorry for the long into, but hello!

*I have a Tucson as well. Hyundai is putting it all together lately. Hard not to end up on their lot.

MrRkangel 09-03-2019 01:08 PM

Good looking car! Summit Grey is one of my favorite colors on the Elantra.

simpsonknight 09-08-2019 01:47 AM

Welcome! I just got my N-Line a few weeks ago. Also have a 6speed (wanted the manual though, could only find DCTs for awhile) and in southern Ontario! I've only seen ONE N-Line in the wild, so chances are you'll be the only person around with that car! Also, if you didn't know, the exhaust pops pretty loud if you rev it from 1500-2500rpm. Just have it at 1500 then give er a little gas and make it go to 2500ish and you should get a decent pop! Gotta be in first or second gear and going slow or stopped.

hyundaiguy 09-08-2019 11:08 PM

Congrats on getting your GT N.

Especially coming from the experience you did testing the high end Germans before coming here.

Any plans to do modifications?

JP_N-Line 09-09-2019 08:22 AM

@simpsonknight where are you in the GTA? I've seen maybe 3 or 4 N-Lines (not including my own) in the Durham region. Definitely pretty rare to see still tho

Jredman82 09-09-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpsonknight (Post 9745)
Welcome! I just got my N-Line a few weeks ago. Also have a 6speed (wanted the manual though, could only find DCTs for awhile) and in southern Ontario! I've only seen ONE N-Line in the wild, so chances are you'll be the only person around with that car! Also, if you didn't know, the exhaust pops pretty loud if you rev it from 1500-2500rpm. Just have it at 1500 then give er a little gas and make it go to 2500ish and you should get a decent pop! Gotta be in first or second gear and going slow or stopped.


Will give it a try. The cold starts sound insane for a 4 banger. It rumbles very nice for a stock exhaust system. Definitely was tuned to perfection before leaving the factory.

Jredman82 09-09-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyundaiguy (Post 9749)
Congrats on getting your GT N.

Especially coming from the experience you did testing the high end Germans before coming here.

Any plans to do modifications?


I don't think so. It sets up so nicely off the lot that it would be hard to change.

Maybe a new air intake system?

You?

simpsonknight 09-22-2019 02:01 AM

I'm in Hamilton. I've seen one and it was parked in someone's driveway! So definitely an uncommon trim for the Elantra GT

miluardo 09-23-2019 11:19 AM

I'd post photos of MY Iron Grey Elantra GT N-Line ----- but it looks identical to yours :p

Love it.

I'm in Toronto for reference, and when I bought it there were only 2 I could find in the whole province :o

Jredman82 10-01-2019 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by miluardo (Post 9813)
I'd post photos of MY Iron Grey Elantra GT N-Line ----- but it looks identical to yours [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]

Love it.

I'm in Toronto for reference, and when I bought it there were only 2 I could find in the whole province [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/images/ElantragtForum_toucan/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG]

Well post a few anyways!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.