Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum

Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum (https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake And Exhaust (https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/113-intake-exhaust/)
-   -   New owner questions (https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/113-intake-exhaust/1495-new-owner-questions.html)

miluardo 01-02-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dac21 (Post 10945)
By any change did you have to remove the bumber to install that intake? I say that because the inflow is from the front grill like the Big gulp intake system which requires bumber removal.

The stock air intake pulls from the front grill just like this Takeda Stage 2 Intake.

So it hooks up right to the same spot.

The big gulp goes between this position and the front grill of the car which is why you need to remove the bumper!

[email protected] 01-02-2020 11:17 AM

Exactly. It was really easy to install being that it bolted right in.

dac21 01-02-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 10949)
Exactly. It was really easy to install being that it bolted right in.

Shame no shipping to California, **** CARB. Might have to consider re-routing through out of state friends.

[email protected] 01-03-2020 08:12 PM

I would. I do t understand why that would be illegal. It’s just a come filter and plastic tubing💁‍♂️

Touring_tech 01-04-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 10959)
I would. I do t understand why that would be illegal. Itís just a come filter and plastic tubing💁‍♂️

Because commiefornia sucks!!!!

Exeno 01-05-2020 11:25 AM

For the most part, CARB certification is just an additional fee on something otherwise designed to be street-legal. Most companies do develop parts to be CARB compliant, because California (ostensibly the state I LIVE IN) has a ton of sales potential; after all, this crowded place houses over 12% of the US population alone and along with Texas, the country's largest state economy. Being a big state full of tech cash, and all. In fact, California and TEXAS, both, have a larger GDP than the entirety of many countries. Including Canada.

For those that feel that the intake, like the internet, is "just a [series of] tube(s)", the entirety of powertrain design is such that it considers the whole. Like it or not, adding an intake is modifying the function of the powertrain. Be it beneficial or not.

As a note, being CARB Compliant is also the easiest way to slap "50 State Legal" on your parts.

Let's not forget, that California isn't the ONLY state in this country that has emissions testing. And some states have annual INSPECTIONS; a thing California DOES NOT have. So let's keep the hate spam to ourselves.

Bizz[email protected] 01-16-2020 07:02 PM

Intake
 
No bumper removal necessary. It fits in perfectly utilizing the stock intake inlet.

[email protected] 01-16-2020 07:03 PM

Yea, they can have california.

Touring_tech 01-17-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exeno (Post 10963)
For the most part, CARB certification is just an additional fee on something otherwise designed to be street-legal. Most companies do develop parts to be CARB compliant, because California (ostensibly the state I LIVE IN) has a ton of sales potential; after all, this crowded place houses over 12% of the US population alone and along with Texas, the country's largest state economy. Being a big state full of tech cash, and all. In fact, California and TEXAS, both, have a larger GDP than the entirety of many countries. Including Canada.

For those that feel that the intake, like the internet, is "just a [series of] tube(s)", the entirety of powertrain design is such that it considers the whole. Like it or not, adding an intake is modifying the function of the powertrain. Be it beneficial or not.

As a note, being CARB Compliant is also the easiest way to slap "50 State Legal" on your parts.

Let's not forget, that California isn't the ONLY state in this country that has emissions testing. And some states have annual INSPECTIONS; a thing California DOES NOT have. So let's keep the hate spam to ourselves.

Settle down dude. California sucks and Canada is right behind it on the train to communism. CARB is as useless as **** on a bull.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.