Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to Hyundais and can use a quick down and dirty on reliability and maintenance differences between the 1.6t and 2.0na engines/transmissions. I lean towards the 1.6t because of the interior upgrades over the base model, but I’d much rather a more reliable and less finicky power train. We will be buying used, so a base model with the interior upgrades is proving hard to find.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2.0 NA would be your most reliable option if that is a strong buying consideration for you. If upgraded interior is something you want then shopping the 1.6l TDI will provide more options in general like you said.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you want the "golden goose" of 2.0 cars you'll want a 2018 Elantra GT with Style and Tech packages. You'll get a lot of the nice features of the N Line Tech Package but get all the 2.0 drivetrain and looks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that info. We ended up with a ‘19 2.0 for just under 13k. Drove 5 hours to save 2k from the ones found around our home town. I really like it. My wife wasn’t too concerned about the style/tech even though I wanted to get that for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts