Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
Has anyone had a problem with their stereo moving the speaker bias(moving music to rear speakers only) on its own? Every once in a while, I notice that the music sounds weak and something is missing...only to find that in the stereo settings, the speaker bias has moved itself to the rear. I have to center the speaker bias manually when this happens. It is quite annoying. Anyone have similar things happen to their elantra gt sport?

By the way, I drive a 2018 elantra gt sport with tech package.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello everyone.
Has anyone had a problem with their stereo moving the speaker bias(moving music to rear speakers only) on its own? Every once in a while, I notice that the music sounds weak and something is missing...only to find that in the stereo settings, the speaker bias has moved itself to the rear. I have to center the speaker bias manually when this happens. It is quite annoying. Anyone have similar things happen to their elantra gt sport?

By the way, I drive a 2018 elantra gt sport with tech package.

Yep, I had the same issue on my 2018 GT with Tech. although the bias did not completely switch to the rear speakers. It move back enough to change the sound output that I knew something wasn't right. The issue probably occurred about six times.

The problem seemingly went away on its own. BUT while I was trying to update the Maps SD card early last year it became corrupted. Tech support worked with me on the phone to try to remedy the situation and I'm pretty sure we did a factory reset of the entire head unit.

Ultimately I had to bring the car in to the Dealer for a replacement Maps SD card. I really don't know if the radio issue went away on its own before the factory reset, or if the reset fixed the issue. Sorry no help there. But I would think you could get hold of Hyundai Tech support discuss the issue and see if they can help. They can guide you through a factory reset if they think that could help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If it's the front speakers, then your "problem" is that Navigation/Android Auto/CarPlay volume is too low for you to notice it's talking to you (you CAN set it to 0 volume after all, independent of radio volume). So it's the audio "ducking" of the front speakers. Otherwise, probably a bug with the audio ducking and it ends up getting stuck.. They have released at LEAST one infotainment update since the 2018s released; I updated our 2018 Sport and 2019 N-Line at the same time, about 10 months ago. Haven't checked recently for an update, however.

Our '18 Sport somehow has a buggier infotainment than my '19 N-Line, not sure why that's the case. After the update I did it was significantly more reliable. Though BOTH cars tend to get that weird delayed "scratching" sound with Carplay on occasion, where I have to unplug then re-plug the phone and it's fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone for their replies and input on this issue! I will reach out to tech support and bug the dealer some more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts