Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken the wheels off to remove the funky looking center cap cover? Just wondering whats underneath there before I pull a wheel to see. I seriously dont like the star cap and want to replace it with just the small circular ones.

Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
Picture attached from a vendor on ebay. Crap, guess im buying some new wheels
yeah, the stock wheels are not great. My plan is to get 17s for winter and a different set of 18s for summer use. I'll keep the stock 18s around so that I can put them back on when I eventually replace this car. Having nice wheels that don't look like they've seen 10 years worth of use will make it much easier to sell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the stock wheels are not great. My plan is to get 17s for winter and a different set of 18s for summer use. I'll keep the stock 18s around so that I can put them back on when I eventually replace this car. Having nice wheels that don't look like they've seen 10 years worth of use will make it much easier to sell.
Yeah not a bad idea at all! I started looking through some motegi wheels this afternoon

·
Registered
2 Posts
New wheels for winter!

[I too have been looking at the Motegi wheels. My GT Sport has the 18 wheels of course. Will a 16 inch wheel fit? This would be for winter tires. I am worried about the fit over the rotors and calipers. I just purchased our 2018 GT Sport. I did not get the tech package....my wife didn't want it. Oh well. We are having fun with the car! My wife really loves it!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our car came with the Hankook VentuSmobile2 tires. I have read some reviews. I does not sound like a good tire. Early wear and even some rubber pieces coming off of the tire. Does anyone have an opinion for these tires. I may have to change the tires out when I take the winter tires off. What after wheels are recommended?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think its good to state what sort of wear is being experienced because sometimes it can point back to drive system components being the cause.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts