Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hyundai is looking to take a piece of that hatchback pie with their new 2018 Elantra GT and Sport. Set to appear on showroom floors this summer, the hackbacks’ main rivals will be the Honda Civic and VW Golf.

Called the Hyundai i30 by their European division, the two variants will come with different engine options when it’s launched in America. The Elantra GT will be getting a 2.0L GDI 4-cylinder engine with 162 hp on tap. There is an optional six-speed automatic transmission for those who aren’t a fan of the standard manual gearbox.

One step up is Elantra GT Sport which is powered by a 1.6-liter turbocharged four that is rated at 201 horses and 195 lb-ft of torque. This engine can be paired with either a standard six-speed manual gearbox or a seven-ratio dual-clutch automatic. What’s more, this variant comes with plenty of additional features including multi-link rear suspension, larger front and rear disc brakes, a set of 18-inch alloy wheels, Smart Cruise Control with start/stop capability and more.

If you’re undecided about which 2018 Hyundai Elantra to get, perhaps this feature highlight video from TheFastLaneCar will make the decision easier.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I really don't like EPB and wish manufacturers would just do away with them, but they're going to be the money maker for car dealers... At least they're giving buyers the option to go with a dual clutch transmission.

·
Registered
244 Posts
195 or torque is impressive, get up and go power will make just about anyone happy especially when mated to that 6-speed manual. But i'll need to see more about the engine, Hyundai doesn't have that great of a reputation. If it pulls through then maybe i'll tune for more ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't hear anything about an LSD or did I just miss it?

The EPB though I don't really mind as it's not a RWD car and I won't be "drifting" it so there's no need for that manual parking brake. Why don't you like the EPB ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts