Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the newly redesigned 2019 Elantra Sport sedan? Its certainly the most aggressive its ever looked with a heavily revised front and rear end. It is however fairly pricey for a small sedan with the Sport model starting at $31,490.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What do you guys think of the newly redesigned 2019 Elantra Sport sedan? Its certainly the most aggressive its ever looked with a heavily revised front and rear end. It is however fairly pricey for a small sedan with the Sport model starting at $31,490.
Are you perhaps referring to Canadian pricing? On Hyundai's US site you can build one for $22,600 + freight.

I'm not a fan of the 2019 sedan's styling. I think the designers nailed the 2018 sedan's styling, though. If a 2018 Elantra Sport sedan with a manual transmission was on sale near me last year, then I likely would have bought it. I wound up with something even better, though--2019 Elantra GT N Line.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't like what they've done with the grille and I find the new front fascia to be somewhat overstyled. Shame they have made it look more aggressive than the base models but haven't given it any extra punch. There is no mention of steering or suspension tweaks either, like the GT N got.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The front end is hideous and reminds me of another hideous vehicle, the Toyota Prius.

It does however make sense if their intention from day one was to create a design that makes a statement on a product that sells regardless.

If true, hats off to them, the Elantra will turn heads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts