Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2020 Elantra that I purchased new in early 2020. Until this past Monday, June 20th, 2022, I have not had any issues. Now it feels like the car is about to explode! As I was merging onto the highway (about 45 MPH), the RPMs went from a normal 1.0/1.5 to 4 and then back to 1.0. This fluctuation continued during the entire drive, which lasted about 20 minutes. The entire ride felt very choppy. Later in the day, the RPMs were fluctuating between 2.5 and 5.5, the car was seriously jerking and shaking at a speed of about 40 MPH. The only time the RPMS didn't fluctuate with this severity, was when the car was at a complete stop, or the MPH were below 20. Now, today, Tuesday, June 21, 2022 the car was fine for about 15 minutes with no RPM issue, however as I increased speed past 25 MPH, like the car was jumping and shaking much more. And now has jerked forward and backward several times with the car in drive. Then there was the loud thud and temporary stall. It felt like the engine or the transmission dropped out of the bottom of the car.

Unfortunately, I can not get the car serviced at the dealer until next week, but they offered for me to drop it off and they will get it if there are no-shows.

Has anyone else has this issue, or know what this issue could be? I am not a mechanic and I am certain the my explanation isn't technical, but its what it felt like to me.

Thank you, Peter

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dude! I hope you're still under warranty cuz yer tranny ist kaput! "Dry" DCTs (dual clutch transmissions) are problematic, at best.

Good luck,
-zed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts