Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2018 Elantra GT. After driving it for a few days I noticed very sore heel pain. I went away for a vacation and was completely fine. Then when I returned and started driving my car again it came back. It's so bad that I haven't been able to drive anywhere. I'm wondering if the accelerator pedal is too slanted. Maybe the pedal on my old car (2001 Corolla) was more flat to the ground. I never noticed my foot when driving it, but with my new car my foot is very bent and all the weight is resting on my heel. Have any of you noticed this, and more importantly, have any of you found a solution for it? Can you adjust the pedal to make it more flat? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
No way to adjust the accelerator but it is a bit different from other cars. Take a look at your shoes to start, then try different positions with your foot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Haven't really noticed much of a difference from any other car I've driven. I bought the car primarily for the smart cruise control since I do a lot of highway driving. I probably only use the pedals during 10% of my driving and just let the radar cruise control deal with it.... takes a lot of the stress off of my heel/ankle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh maybe I can do that! Is that a feature of all the Elantra GTs, or was it part of an upgrade? I mostly drive around town so I guess it won't help all the time but could help for some of the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh maybe I can do that! Is that a feature of all the Elantra GTs, or was it part of an upgrade? I mostly drive around town so I guess it won't help all the time but could help for some of the time.
Only if you have turbo, top of the line model. Otherwise you might have only 'plain, unintelligent' cruise. It looks like you have no idea what kind car you bought...
If pedal is too slanted for your foot, try attaching (use rubbers) some kind wedge to the pedal (shaped piece of wood similar you use as 'door stopper') and see if that works for you. If it does, consider more appropriate material and way to attach it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed this as well. My heel started bugging me after about 20 min of driving. I'm still trying to figure out what is going on. Haven't had this particular issue with any other car I've driven. I'm driving the 6spd manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe the "aluminum" sport pedals are just a cover over a steel plate. You may be able to find alternative pedal covers to fit that change the shape of the foot pad and allow for a different foot position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have my GT yet (hopefully in a couple of weeks) but I had a similar problem with my F150 when I bought that. I ended up putting a piece of foam both on the floor and on the side of the console to "redirect" my foot. Took a bit to get used to but solved my problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Low seat, not much thigh support, therefore a large portion of the right leg's weight is resting on the heel. I use the cruise more in this vehicle than my others and I will re-position my foot as necessary to alleviate the impending discomfort.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you can talk with a mechanic and ask him to make the pedal less sensible, to make it as it was at your old car. Please, don't get me wrong, but by me, it is impossible to fill pain because of this reason. I mean, maybe you fell some pain, but it is not what I call pain. I had unbearable foot pain. I was not able to walk at all. Thankfully I fixed the problem. My doctor recommended me to use kratom, and thankfully it was a wonderful idea that worked out for me instantly. If you want, you can also try it, but of course only after consulting with your doctor. Also, if you have a question like "where to buy kratom", then the answer is one click away so if you are interested, you can click on the link.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For two years I have changed 4 cars and in each of them the accelerator pedal was located differently. I have never experienced any inconvenience, so I can confidently say that this is not related to each other. The only thing that got tired while driving was the elbow of my left hand, since it is with my left hand that I hold the steering wheel, and my right one is on the gear lever. Since my left hand rests on the door, when I changed the car, my hand became suspended, which contributed to faster fatigue, but again, I repeat, my leg was in perfect order. Also, I do not advise you to use kratom while driving as mentioned above. Do this only before bed or when you are sure that you will not get behind the wheel on the same day. In order to relieve pain from my arm, I use kratom capsules maeng da before bed, but you can solve this problem as you like. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts