Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the videos of aFe alxe-backs are of the muffler delete version. Mine is the one with muffler (very mild increase in volume). If you want to know how it sounds, here's a sound clip

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems reasonable for a daily driver. The deleted version would probably be overbearing after a while. Any other air system upgrades like an intake or only the axle back?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems reasonable for a daily driver. The deleted version would probably be overbearing after a while. Any other air system upgrades like an intake or only the axle back?
Exactly. My previous car (2018 Subaru BRZ) was too loud for my taste. Great for shorter, fun drives, but on longer ones it would get tiring. This setup is much milder. No other air mods. Not looking for any gains at the moment.. just wanted my car to be audible (stock is near silent inside until the RPMs really climb)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah this sounds awesome! Someone posted today to the 2018+ Elantra Gt/I30 Facebook group of theirs newly installed and ready to good. Wish they had this when I bought my axle back. The axle back is too aggressive and loud for daily driving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the report and sound clip. Looks like a reasonable sound increase I might consider. Don't want to sound to obnoxious like the neighbor boy Honduh.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts