Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that aFe POWER has a few goodies for the Elantra GT Sport. Here is a link:

https://afepower.com/products?year=2018&make=Hyundai&model=Elantra+GT+Sport&fuel_type=Gas&engine=I4-1.6L

They have an exhaust, downpipe, and piggyback ecu tune. Anyone have any experience with this company or these parts? The Scorcher GT module seems like it could be a good deal if it really does give the gains shown in the dyno charts. They claim it doesn't change the ECU programming which is a plus, but I always worry about impact on the car's reliability with this kind of stuff. I do wish there was a valvetronic style armytrix setup for our cars lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Saw this on the other ElantraSport forum today. I think I might seriously have to have a look at it. I like the idea that theres no footprint left, so the dealer cant cry foul on anything.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also noticed that the one for the sedan is cheaper than the one for the GT... I wonder if there is any difference between the two products?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have it installed on my '18 GTS, install under the hood is easy, less than 5 mins, hardest part is getting the controller wire through the firewall, takes some time. Once its installed its def worth it, very impressive torque gains, 1-2-3 gear pull is very much improved, highest setting requires 93 and up octane but its worth it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have it installed on my '18 GTS, install under the hood is easy, less than 5 mins, hardest part is getting the controller wire through the firewall, takes some time. Once its installed its def worth it, very impressive torque gains, 1-2-3 gear pull is very much improved, highest setting requires 93 and up octane but its worth it
Interesting. Have you noticed any impact on fuel economy? Does it tend to run rich (black soot out of the exhaust)? I've had mixed experiences with stuff like this. I had something like this on an mr2 spyder that wound up making it run rich, which just wasn't worth it. Also, is your car manual or DCT? Do you have other mods?

·
Registered
16 Posts
mines a DCT, gas mileage has went down a bit but thats most likely my right foot then the module, have noticed if its running rich, don't think it is, exhaust tips are still clean-ish. Only other mod I have is the K&N intake

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you please provide some info on what is necessary to route this through the firewall? where is it routed, are instruction provided, etc... where did you install the controller on the interior?

·
Registered
16 Posts
easiest way is to goto AFE website, find the module and on the left side by the dyno sheet theres install instructions there, plus it also comes with instructions when u get it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, this is definitely the hardest part. Getting the TCC out of the way and routing the cable through where the hood release cable goes was somewhat difficult, but not impossible.

Just installed it on my '19 N-Line a couple days ago. Also had some difficulty snapping the connectors to the MAP and TMAP sensors snugly. I think with the '19 the clip for the sensor may be a little farther down. But they eventually went on and I can definitely feel the difference in power when switching to sport+ and race modes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those parts from aFe Power are very interesting.
If I was looking to eliminate some of the lag/lack of power in the low RPM range, what would you all recommend?
The piggy back tune looks very promising. I'd consider upgrading the exhaust, but I don't want to increase the decibel output of it to obnoxious levels. Is the 'Twisted Steel Down-Pipe - Street Series' street legal in Canada? It looks like some impressive gains.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those parts from aFe Power are very interesting.
If I was looking to eliminate some of the lag/lack of power in the low RPM range, what would you all recommend?
The piggy back tune looks very promising. I'd consider upgrading the exhaust, but I don't want to increase the decibel output of it to obnoxious levels. Is the 'Twisted Steel Down-Pipe - Street Series' street legal in Canada? It looks like some impressive gains.

Thoughts?
You may want to check this out:

https://afepower.com/afe-power-77-17001-sprint-booster-power-converter

Not sure how well it works, but it might do what you're wanting. aFe is also having a 20% off sale right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts