Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'll immediately be looking for an aftermarket exhaust as standard oem exhaust systems aren't my tune and I love a deep growl in my vehicles. But aside from sounding great, turbocharged vehicles can gain a really good amount of power from some simple exhaust upgrades.

Something like an aftermarket down pipe can really make a world of a difference when it comes to performance and that'll probably be the first component I look at when upgrading.

Is anyone else anticipating making some exhaust changes?

·
Registered
244 Posts
At first I wanted to say I'll stay with the stock sport exhaust but after hearing them on the Elantra Sport, its a no.
Being very particular on exhaust, waiting on something with a deeper refined tone is what I'm after. Haven't found it so far. Everything is either too raspy or too high pitched.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, sometimes it may even come down to having to make custom changes yourself (through a shop), one thing I'm actually looking at, depending on how serious I want to get with this, is going to be upping the boost and having an undercar dump or something.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a "go to" vendor for Hyundai mods?
I would say Tork Motorsports as they're making quite the amount of products already for the Elantra Sport and I'm sure they'll be pushing products for the GT and GT Turbo as well

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would say Tork Motorsports as they're making quite the amount of products already for the Elantra Sport and I'm sure they'll be pushing products for the GT and GT Turbo as well
Once these start getting into the hands of dealerships, emailing them and other exhaust makes could bring up some definite timeline for production. Right now they're waiting like us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts