Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search here and didn’t find anything. I was waiting for the wife at a doctors appointment outside in the car. I started the car a few times to run the a/c for a few minutes and suddenly a warning appeared on the infotainment screen. It said something about battery drain. I didn’t quite catch it to read it entirely. I was surprised because I keep the display off.
Anyone ever see this? Know what it’s about? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did a search here and didn’t find anything. I was waiting for the wife at a doctors appointment outside in the car. I started the car a few times to run the a/c for a few minutes and suddenly a warning appeared on the infotainment screen. It said something about battery drain. I didn’t quite catch it to read it entirely. I was surprised because I keep the display off.
Anyone ever see this? Know what it’s about? Thanks in advance.
Most likely you were running the radio with the engine off. The Infinity Head unit Amp pulls a lot of juice. The radio will shut off after a couple minutes unless the motor is running and you get the message flashed on the display. It's just to make sure you don't drain the battery.

·
Registered
2019 GT N-Line; Fiery Red 6MT
81 Posts
Normal stuff. If you leave the radio on with the car off it will warn you that you're killing the battery and eventually it will turn itself off, just a fail safe so you don't end up killing the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts