Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to my Hyundai dealer today. I know they don't have a GT Sport in stock, so I wanted to try the Elantra Sport, and for kicks, the Kona 1.6T. Came back from driving both, and the salesman gave me the bad news - can't get me an Elantra GT Sport this year at all. I would need to go to Ontario to get one.

As it happens, I loved the Kona. It was a better drive than the Elantra Sport, quieter at speed, without the drone (the exhaust sounded nice in town, but not so good when on the highway), and handles fantastically on the windies. Although it has less HP than the Elantra, it has the same torque, so it's just as fun to drive. The HUD was way better than I was expecting too.

I was shocked by the Kona... I really wasn't expecting to like it. It doesn't have some of the features of the GT Sport Ultimate, its a little pricier and certainly isn't as good looking, but I think its time for me to give up on the GT Sport and just get the Kona.

I currently drive a 2011 Santa Fe - my first AWD. I must say, it has come in handy on occasion - we get a lot of snow here. I was prepared to lose the AWD for the GT Sport, but the Kona gives the best of all worlds to me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think there are a lot of people who have been caught off guard by the new Kona. I know its been doing quite well since it hit the market, and with continued success there's probably even an opportunity for a performance variant. Keep in mind the EV will be launching later this year, and its got segment leading range.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Seen the Kona for myself at the New York Auto Show and I couldn't be more than impressed. Shame on Japanese car makers for not launching a product as attractive. Yeah there's the CX-3 and Toyota CH-R but they lack the "youthfullness" this Kona has.

Can't wait for a performance variant to come along. N Performance can work well here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe that the Kona is already the top selling vehicle in Canada this year. With such successful figures I'm betting that its the model most likely to get new trim levels/tech. I don't mind the looks of the CH-R but no AWD or Android Auto/Apple CarPlay support is a deal breaker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that the Kona is already the top selling vehicle in Canada this year. With such successful figures I'm betting that its the model most likely to get new trim levels/tech. I don't mind the looks of the CH-R but no AWD or Android Auto/Apple CarPlay support is a deal breaker.
One of the things I like about the GT Sport is its rarity on the road... unfortunately, they've taken it a little too far and it seems unobtainable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts