Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my '19 GT for like... 3 or 4 weeks now, and small rattles have been starting to pop up from around the sun visors, around the speaker next to the right a pillar, right door or right b pillar. Especially driving over a berm. And now when I go over hard bumps, I hear a loud rattle coming from the hatch. Does anyone have these same issues? I traded in my other car for this mostly specific reason because I eventually drove me nuts. I really don't wanna hate this car because I like everything about it. I hope someone could help

·
Registered
72 Posts
You bought a Hyundai. You must take the good with the bad. I fight the squeak/rattle gremlins too. I found a few of them and used felt strips to quiet some. Broke off some toothpicks to stop dash creaks but it seems new ones keep popping up every month. The roads around my house a really bad so as long as I have this car I will have to contend with it. My '18 Fiesta ST was good for a couple months too then same thing. I lease so I will be good and tired of it by that time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all I'd like to know where you're sticking the toothpicks and if I actually have to take apart the inside just to get to it. May 2016 Corolla drove me nuts honestly, there's always a rattle in the roof, shifter squeaked in the seats and brake pedal clicked. This might be just a thing with the cheaper cars because I'd be damned to hear this sound like a $50,000 one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had some creaking behind the center display console. There is a seam behind it and I slipped one into that and it quieted it down. I break them off so you can't tell. Some I have to have someone else drive to track them down. My wife's Lexus RX350 gets them too. It is a 2015 with only 38K on it but going over rough roads it has cowl noises. MRSP was 48K on that car. They all get them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had some creaking in the rear hatch area. I put some tape around knobs the hatch cover sat on, and adjusted the rubber stoppers for the trunk and was able to get rid of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if the dealers would have any idea how to fix this. All the buzzes and rattles are in spots in the dash or in the pillar or door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I'm now hearing a small rattle coming from the drivers visor and the planet that has the glasses holder and dome lights. I'm taking it into CarMax to get some work done, and hopefully see if they have any idea how to fix that or especially a buzz coming from the passenger door, but I'm just gonna assume they won't have a clue. I like almost everything but if more and more is gonna pop up, like the the infotainment system I think creaks everytime I go over every small bump, then I'm gonna be real disappointed. It would be able 3 years at least before I can get rid of it. I might just get a CX5. Great cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my '19 GT for like... 3 or 4 weeks now, and small rattles have been starting to pop up from around the sun visors, around the speaker next to the right a pillar, right door or right b pillar. Especially driving over a berm. And now when I go over hard bumps, I hear a loud rattle coming from the hatch. Does anyone have these same issues? I traded in my other car for this mostly specific reason because I eventually drove me nuts. I really don't wanna hate this car because I like everything about it. I hope someone could help
It's a '19 GT? Hyundai has one of the best warranties in the industry take it in it should be covered. I have a 19 Nline it's practically brand new ain't no way I'm fixing anything even if I can.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My car at 42k miles has far fewer rattles than I would have ever expected. The only rattle I really have is at a rear seat back latch (right side). I tend to leave my seats down anyway for the dog so I haven't done anything to address it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well since I've had mine, forgot to mention there's a strange pop coming from the dashboard, and now there's a strange squeak coming from there too while on the highway. It really sucks that more and more just keep popping up, but I think it's just going to happen with most cars. When I took my car in the CarMax to get the brakes we worked, they loaned me a 2020 Kia forte which had a small rattle coming from the infotainment display, but that was it really. I really don't want to end up hating this because I just got it and it'll be at least a couple of years before I can get rid of it. I know if I should bother taking it into a Hyundai dealer, is I guess if it's something there not trained on how to fix and they probably wouldn't know what to do about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts