Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've have a 2019 Elantra N-Line I bought new. A few months ago the check engine light came on. I contacted the dealer and scheduled an appointment. In the interim I had a parts store run a diagnostic which came up as all four cylinders misfiring.

The light turned off but I still went to the dealer who found no problems. It came on again and this time ran really rough. The dealer cleaned the valves and it was good again. The light came on again and at the advice of their headquarters the dealer changed the valves. Its on again.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm curious if it could be something to do with the higher amount of ethanol in the fuel lately.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine (2020 EGT N-line) was going into limp mode frequently whenever I accelerated. Not what I bought the car for.

I changed out the coil packs with MSD coilovers from Summitt Racing ($125 apiece = $500), specific to the car. Fixed it right up for the most part.

About monthly, I'll punch it and it'll go limp. Pull over to the side of the road, turn off the car, open the door to discharge electrics and clear DTC/CEL, restart the car and away she goes like nothing ever happened.

Gas may have something to do with it; but, I believe there's some substandard OEM parts in the ignition system.

-zed

·
Registered
50 Posts
did they even check or replace the spark plugs and coils ? or even check the injectors? these are the two most common symptoms of miss fire in these cars lol i am hugely surprised they bothered doing that heavy of work when the solution is often to replace those two things hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts