Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized after 1400 miles that this feature was not turned on from day one from the Dealer. Was this off by default on your guys Cars? Is it a PIA when turned on? I guess I'll find out tomorrow on my 100 mile trip down to San Diego.

·
Registered
34 Posts
See I thought it would measure input and response but I think it does a calculation. I think it calculates your responsiveness plus drivetime.

I took a long road trip with it on and after three hours I was still very awake and attentive but it pinged me to take a break. So it seemed it was really going off distance/time. It probably takes movement into consideration but I'd say it has programming that tells it "hey, they should be taking a break now".

Also mine was on from the factory.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This kind of technology will fall by the wayside as more autonomous systems work their way into new models. Everyone should make it a habit to pull over from time to time on longer road trips. My guess is that its based on uninterrupted mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.