Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized after 1400 miles that this feature was not turned on from day one from the Dealer. Was this off by default on your guys Cars? Is it a PIA when turned on? I guess I'll find out tomorrow on my 100 mile trip down to San Diego.

·
Registered
29 Posts
See I thought it would measure input and response but I think it does a calculation. I think it calculates your responsiveness plus drivetime.

I took a long road trip with it on and after three hours I was still very awake and attentive but it pinged me to take a break. So it seemed it was really going off distance/time. It probably takes movement into consideration but I'd say it has programming that tells it "hey, they should be taking a break now".

Also mine was on from the factory.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This kind of technology will fall by the wayside as more autonomous systems work their way into new models. Everyone should make it a habit to pull over from time to time on longer road trips. My guess is that its based on uninterrupted mileage.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think some of the best systems out there will be those that read your eyes and look for indicators that law enforcement often look for, its one thing we can't hide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts