Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My mom 2018 GTS only has 9,500k miles. Today the driver side window is not working but all other window works from the driver master switch up and down. All other windows work independently from their door switch too. Seem like the master switch for the driver window is dead. I checked the fuse and it's not blown.

Just wonder if anyone had this issue? Any suggestions? The 16th I'm scheduled for service and hope its under warranty.

This car has been great with no issues till now. Pease post any issues you have with your Elantra GT to date. I'm curious to see what you all experienced so far.

Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
57 Posts
Take it into the Dealer, any components that are failing are under the 5/60k mile warranty. Its most likely the window regulator as that is usually what fails in Hyundais. (Other than Sonata/Santa Fe Sport Engines, but that neither here nor there).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it into the Dealer, any components that are failing are under the 5/60k mile warranty. Its most likely the window regulator as that is usually what fails in Hyundais. (Other than Sonata/Santa Fe Sport Engines, but that neither here nor there).
I have it scheduled but wonder why it's gone bad already? My mom hardly put the windows down. Even my 2006 MDX with 215k miles, never failed. Btw thanks for replying.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There could be a couple reasons. Most of the time is manufacturer defect, thus it being covered under warranty.

You're also comparing a Hyundai to a Honda. They're two different breeds of reliability.

Wish You Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There could be a couple reasons. Most of the time is manufacturer defect, thus it being covered under warranty.

You're also comparing a Hyundai to a Honda. They're two different breeds of reliability.

Wish You Luck!
Thanks!

Ok maybe not good comparison but this is our very first Hyundai and I'm impressed with the best bang for the buck. My wife has Sienna and wants Odyssey but I wish Hyundai has minivan. I'm waiting to see what the 2021 Kia Sedona & Sienna will look like.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's under warranty let the dealer figure it out. One bad part means nothing. If it repeatedly fails then start worrying about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update, dealer had to order a new driver side main window control switch. It's under warranty just in time for drive thru pickup due to CoVid 19 😞. Thanks for everyone's reply and stay healthy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts