Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a elantra coupe 2014. And i am thinking of engine swaping it, it has the 2.0nu engine, it has a decent amount of power for a na engine, but i wanted to mod this thing to 250ish, and given its a NA car it would take a lot of money, so engine swap it is.
My first thought was K20/24 because it is the best engine overall, but budget would be a problem. The other day i had to buy a transmission torque mount, and I've realized that it's the same as the veloster 1.6t and i would assume the same as the elantra gt turbo. With that in mind, i would assume that the 1.6t and the 2.0 velosters wouldnt have different engine bays, making it a dropin swap, can anyone confirm or deny that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
2.0nu is an atkinson cycle engine it will blow if you try to boost without a complete engine control. Looks like your model is on the J5 platform same as the old i30/cee'd turbo so I think it would be possible. Hyundai group uses that same mount for a lot of cars including the 2.0L turbo. I would imagine the CV shafts would be different lengths so you would have to swap those along with the transmission and ECU/TCU/BCM's and possibly the instrument cluster. Would it be worth the $ compared to just buying an old elantra sport? Unlikely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts