Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I recently picked up a 2020 N Line (DCT) and love the car so far.

One of the few things I want to do in terms of mods (Few because hello warranty) is liven up the exhaust a bit.

I'm sure you guys all know that when you rev the car under 2k or so the car will do little pops and crackles, which I absolutely love. However, that doesn't transpire to when you're actually driving the car. I don't think I've ever heard any crackles or anything of the sort. I'm sure part of that is the way its tuned and part of it is how quiet the exhaust is.

I want to know what my best bet is for something axle-back that will liven up the exhaust in terms of both volume, and those crackles and pops.

I want to keep some sort of muffler or something on the car and I don't necessarily need to get something specifically made for my car. I'm happy to support a local shop in doing some exhaust work for me if it'll get what I'm looking for. I just don't want something that will be excessively loud.

I was also wondering if there was anything I could do/change in terms of my driving characteristics to get more of the crackles and pops without changing anything on the car?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can only speak for my muffler delete. I love how it sounds. It gurgles if I'm just idling through my neighborhood. Pops between shifts from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. If I hammer it and shift high in the rpm band it does like a crack-pop backfire. If I baby it you can barely hear it but if I step on it you for sure hear it. No highway drone really, it only gets drone if you are low in the power powerband at low speeds where it gets all laggy and rich. You can look at my profile for a cold start video I did of my car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I personally think the muffler delete sounds like trash. I know a guy who did it to his Veloster turbo and now regrets it. Too much drone on the inside to justify the lack of external noise. The sxth element muffler sounds just like stock. G3H91AP100 is the part number for a factory stainless axle back which is nice and sounds great but its way too expensive in my opinion. I'm looking into 2nd cat and resonator delete. Cherry tuning in Australia makes a delete pipe that replaces both.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I personally think the muffler delete sounds like trash. I know a guy who did it to his Veloster turbo and now regrets it. Too much drone on the inside to justify the lack of external noise. The sxth element muffler sounds just like stock. G3H91AP100 is the part number for a factory stainless axle back which is nice and sounds great but its way too expensive in my opinion. I'm looking into 2nd cat and resonator delete. Cherry tuning in Australia makes a delete pipe that replaces both.
I know this is purely subjective because everybody has different preferences but I almost wish my muffler delete was louder. I'm contemplating getting the resonators deleted as well. I have almost no drone if I'm just cruising and my muffler delete on my Veloster was what sold me on doing my N Line. Out of curiosity did he just unbolt the exhaust behind the axle or did he get a muffler shop to weld in a delete? When I was first trying to decide if I wanted to do the delete on my veloster I unbolted the exhaust a went for a spin. It was unbearable as the exhaust was directed towards the hatch well and not down. Once I did the actual delete which was just a dump straight down behind the axle it was a night and day difference.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I actually like the way the Cherry tuning set up looks and sounds as well with the 2 bullet resonators. The cost to import is prohibitive for me. Is too bad because it is the only one I have considered since I have been searching. I an really choosey when it comes to exhaust tones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts