Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had a custom rear exhaust fitter.
The original rear muffler was removed. And a custom rear section was added.
Compromising on using 2 resonators going onto & using the original chrome tips.
All piping was kept at 2 1/2". I find that with the rear muffler delete is a little to loud for my liking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds good, how loud is it cruising and is there any drone? Any reason for not getting two straight through mufflers over 2 resonators?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When cruising there is hardly any drone at all. But you can hear it. There is also a few pops & crackles when down shifting which sounds good.
Not is a i30 N or Focus RS sort of way. But they are there..
I talked about it with my exhaust installer.. Given the amount of room there is to fit. The difference between these resonators over mufflers.
Would not be that much of a difference.. If I find that it is to loud or that the wife gets sick of it. We can get a more bigger capacity muffler to
put where the centre resonator is.. Which would bring the level down just a little bit..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sounds pretty good man. Smart way to go about improving the exhaust, which will still let you make adjustments accordingly. Love the black finish on the piping.

·
Registered
244 Posts
When cruising there is hardly any drone at all. But you can hear it. There is also a few pops & crackles when down shifting which sounds good.
Not is a i30 N or Focus RS sort of way. But they are there..
I talked about it with my exhaust installer.. Given the amount of room there is to fit. The difference between these resonators over mufflers.
Would not be that much of a difference.. If I find that it is to loud or that the wife gets sick of it. We can get a more bigger capacity muffler to
put where the centre resonator is.. Which would bring the level down just a little bit..
Its why i can't wait for the Veloster N to finally show up at dealerships. Hyundai is at a point where they can take on Ford and Honda.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts