Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a used 2019 Elantra GT N-line and the car drives great, but on the second day of ownership, I discovered some water on the passenger foot-well. Long story short, I pulled the carpets all the way back to the rear seat and all of the insulation was soaking wet with standing water underneath. Has anybody else had this problem or is it a freak coincidence?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe the car has been in a flood or had some sort of weird accident involving the last owner?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The previous owner reported no accident or flood, and the car had a clean car fax.

I was just wondering if it was a problem that anyone else may have had.

·
Registered
2019 GT N-Line; Fiery Red 6MT
64 Posts
I recall hearing about poor adhesion on the windshield, could be the culprit? I would look around in the dash area and maybe pull of some trims to see if you can find at least where it's coming from. If not, warranty should be able to help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recall hearing about poor adhesion on the windshield, could be the culprit? I would look around in the dash area and maybe pull of some trims to see if you can find at least where it's coming from. If not, warranty should be able to help
I have not heard of this before, Thank you for the suggestion!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also, if it has a sunroof that could be another culprit. My buddies camaro was experiencing flooding in the trunk and it was from his sunroof

1 - 6 of 6 Posts