Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else surprised by the fuel economy on the sport/n-lines? They advertise 9.2L/100km combined fuel economy (30 ish MPG), but I've been getting closer to 7.2L/100km (39MPG) with mixed back road driving and some stop and go. I didn't buy the car because of its fuel economy, but nonetheless happy/impressed with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow. I wish I got anywhere near that combined. On highway I do see 31-32MPG, but my average is closer to 21MPG. I do mostly stop and go city, though. I don't baby it anywhere, either, so that doesn't help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had calculated my last tank. Computer was reading right around 32mpg. I calculated 31.6mpg. Mostly local driving and I'm a bit heavy on the gas pedal. Better mileage than I expected. I have the DCT trans.

·
Registered
88 Posts
At just over 10k miles I've averaged 29.5mpg according to the computer. I drove a mix of highway (with 30% stop and go traffic) and urban city (stop signs every block, traffic, lights, etc.). I've noticed that when using the smart cruise control over long distances, the economy is quite good on the highway, even at higher speeds (~33mpg). I have a DCT sport with tech.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I consistently get 37 mpg on the freeway. That's the on board computer number. Even if that number is high, which I'm sure it is by a couple mpg, real world mpg in the 35 range is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I mostly commute in dense urban rush hour traffic.

About 100km a day in Toronto.

I'm sitting around 8.5/9L per 100km

I'm also WOT throttle whenever I can be, and it doesn't seem to change these numbers too much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine on a big drive flat even speed at 115 km he was 7.5 in nb at 125km hr with hills was 8.5 in town is typically 10.5 I have the gt ntype.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi: All... The only thing I know for sure about "Fuel economy" is when I get to use my wifes GT it's usually near empty!!!
Whitelightening North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts